what's wrong?

(Asher)

"We need to gather the strong men of this pack and train them for the war that is coming." My dad says and I agreed with him.

"We already have a safe place for the women and pups to hide, so we don't have to worry about that. what we need to worry about right now, is training and getting some other people to fight with us." We were in our office talking and my dad and Lucas were tryin to come up with a plan before everything goes south.

"Ok, I already have a good amount of warriors so I won't take away the men from their family. They need to be there for their family as much as possible. For the time being though, I'll try to contact neighboring packs and ask them for their help." They both agreed with me and left shortly after. My mom walked in and sighed when she saw how stressed out I was.

"I wish you could take a break Asher." I shook my head and groaned as I felt a headache coming on.

"No mom not now, I need to be prepared." I replied. She sat down and looked at me.

"You forgot that hunter mentioned that you and your mate will be getting gifts from the moon goddess herself once kayden shifts. You don't have to worry so much, because I'm sure you will win this war." I looked at my mom as if she was crazy because no one knew the outcome of this war.

What if I lost? I can't go in this with too much confidence because I really don't have a clue as to who we are fighting against. the only thing I knew so far, is that they are a powerful pack and they want to use that power to wipe out other packs so they can make a mark for themselves.

"Look mom I know you are hopeful and all, but please don't lower your guard that much. We still need to be prepared and that's what we will be doing with or without the gifts Selene is giving us. Now my dear sweet mother, I'm going to take that break you suggested and see if I can take my mate away from his family so I can have some alone time with him." I got up and walked out of the office with mom hot on my tail.

"Remember to use condoms because you don't want Kayden getting pregnant right before this war." Mom said and I hurriedly walked away from her so i don't have to listen to what she was saying which had her laughing.

Shortly after, I found Kayden outside with his sister and mother as well as Isaiah and an extremely pissed off Lucas who was standing to the side watching them.

I walked up to him and when he spotted me, he changed his facial expression to one that is smiling right now, as if I didn't just saw that he was angry.

"Don't play dumb with me Lucas, why are you looking at them like you want to murder them?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Can't help it if they have what is mine." I rolled my eyes at his possessiveness towards Isaiah and wondered if I was the same as him.

"He is just arms length away from you, what the hell do you think he'll do?" I asked and he gave me an irritated look.

"That girl is all over him! Should I just stand here and watch them? Hell no!" Ok now he's pissing me off with his attitude.

"That girl you mention is around what fourteen years old? I don't know, plus she's Kayden's sister! What the hell do you think is going to happen between them?" I asked and he sighed and started to calm down.

"I just don't like it when he's so near, yet so far. Everytime I tried to pull him to my side, he'd give me this look and well you see um he sort of told me to stay here that this was my punishment." I couldn't help it as I started laughing, which irritated the hell out of Lucas and so he started chasing after me.

I was running away from him and around in circles when I heard a scream. It was coming from Isaiah and so Lucas stopped what he was doing and ran towards him. Isaiah fell to the ground panting really hard as a small crowd started forming around him.

"Everyone step back, so he can get some air, Lucas we need to take him to the pack doctor." Lucas nodded his head and looked as if he was about to loose it any minute.

He took Isaiah off the ground and that movement alone caused him to scream out in pain once more. We both ran towards the pack doctor and luckily he was available.

"Set him down here." Dr. Henson said and Lucas did what he was told. Tears were falling from Isaiah's eyes and I could see how it was messing with Lucas.

"Ok I'm going to run some check up, so I want you all to wait outside." Dr. Henson said, making Lucas growl while making a move towards the frightened looking doctor. I did my best to try and calm him down.

"O-Or you can stay here, your choice." Dr. Henson said and went ahead to do his check up on Isaiah. Couple minutes later, he was done and ready to tell us what was wrong with him.

"Seems as if his transformation is happening sooner than we think. Once he transforms, you have to be on the look out for him going into heat because it can either happen then or it can happen when he's still in his human form." I was confused so I asked him a question.

"How can he go into heat in his human form?" Dr. Henson stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"It's quite simple honestly. Once you have a mated couple, no matter if the other one is a human, a human mate will go into heat because he is mated to a higher ranked wolf. Isaiah is the submissive one in your relationship am I right?" He asked Lucas who was blushing like crazy.

"Yes he is." He answered and Dr. Henson nodded his head.

"Ok.  I'm going to prescribe something he can take for the pain, but you need to talk to him and let him know what he should expect,  when he's about to transform and about going into heat." Dr. Henson injected Isaiah with a drug and Isaiah started to calm down.

Relieved, Lucas took Isaiah in his arms and told us that he was going to take him to their room. He was given medications to give to Isaiah which would help him, I don't even know how I can bare seeing Kayden like that. What the hell do I do now?