is that a threat?

(Kayden)

"Hi mom." I said as I had just received a phone call from her.

"Hey baby, how are things going there with Celia?" She asked and I smiled when I heard her voice.

"It's going great so far. She's kind and treating me well. I met her husband and son and well mom I have something to tell you." I said and she told me to go ahead. I told her about Asher and how we were currently seeing each other, but it's not serious as yet. I also told her about Isaiah meeting Lucas.

"Well baby I'm happy for you, I do hope you'd find happiness there. Don't forget to visit me whenever you're ready. I'll let you know when Charles isn't here so you can spend some time with me and Ariel." I asked her about Ariel and cried a little because I missed my sister a lot. I hope I would get the chance to see her again soon because I don't know if I can be away from my family for so long.

After I got off the phone with my mom, I went into a major depression. I was replaying what my dad said to me over and over as I sat there on my bedroom floor crying.

I didn't know how long I was there for, but I fell asleep after that because I felt drained and my body somehow gave up. I woke up to someone carrying me in their arms and I looked up to see that it was Asher.

"Shh don't worry love, I'm only taking you to my room. I could sense something was wrong with you so I want you close to me so that I can take care of you." He gave me a sad smile and I sighed and buried my head in the crook of his neck. When we got to his room, he gently lays me down on the bed.

I didn't have the strength in me to move or argue with him at this point, so I just let it go and let him do whatever he wants to do.

"Would you like to tell me why you're like this so that I can help you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Come on love I need to know what I can do to help you. I hate seeing you like this." I looked at him and finally saw the sad expression on his face

"Can I see Isaiah please?" I whispered which had him growling. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything afterwards.

"I want to spend some time with you, I want to be the one to take care of you if you'd only allow me to! You running off to that pup for comfort when you have me does not sit well with me love." I sighed and shook my head. Why was he acting so possessive of me, when we had only just met?

"Look it's not always up to you to take care of me. We had only met today and already you're acting like this, I only need Isaiah because he's my best friend and the only one who can understand why I'm like this. You don't get a say in my life because I don't know you like that." He looked hurt for a moment before he smiled.

"Then let me be the one to take care of you. You're so handsome I just want to spoil you. Please just give me a chance to prove to you that I'm a good person and for the record, I will never hurt you." I sighed and decided to give up. No matter how much I wanted him to leave me alone right now, it seems as if it's not going to happen.

"Fine, but I still need to see Isaiah." He opened his mouth to say something but sighed instead and ran his hand through his hair.

"Ok I'll get him for you, stay here and make yourself comfortable." I nodded his head and he started grumbling to himself as he was walked out. Shortly after Isaiah came running in and one look at my face had him understanding what was going on.

"It's about your dad right?" He asked and I nodded my head. He made his way over to me and made a move to hug me, but Asher growled at him instead.

"I may have invited you into my territory, but if you want to keep the peace between us I suggest you keep your hands to yourself." My mouth fell open when he said that and I was instantly angry.

"You don't get to talk to my best friend like that! He can hug me whenever he wants. I told you to stop acting like that!" He glared at me for a second before taking his eyes off me.

"Just go for a walk or something. I can't control myself knowing that someone else is here in my room." I was about to reply when there was a knock on the door. He opened it and I saw Lucas standing there. Isaiah told me his name before. Looking at him, I could tell he was really mad. What's wrong with these two?

"I want to talk to you right now." He said and I looked over at Isaiah to see that he was trembling.

"N-No I don't want to talk to you." He replied which had Lucas growling in returned.

"You will do as I say, now come on!" I flinched from the anger in his voice and so did Isaiah. It seems as if he gave up because he started walking towards Lucas with his head down.

"Oh come on now, is this really happening!?" I shouted as I got up off the bed and made my way towards Isaiah.

"It is really happening. last time I checked he is mine and not yours so I can do what I want with him when I feel like." I stopped and glared at Lucas and shook my head.

"No, I'm not letting Isaiah go with you. If you don't show some respect towards him or me I will leave and take him with me." Lucas growled again and this time Asher stepped in.

"Look we'll talk about this another time. Lucas take Isaiah and talk to him ok? Don't do anything stupid. As for you Kayden, what you just said is never happening." I crossed my arms and glared at Asher who had a smirk on his face.

"What will happen if I do that? What can you do? Last time I checked I was single and no one can tell me what to do." The door closed and I looked back at it to find Isaiah and Lucas missing. Damn it. What the hell am I suppose to do now?

"You are not single because I own you, every part of you. You will never escape me because I will hunt you down no matter where you go. Mark my words Kayden because I'm not one to joke." My eyes became wide and I trembled a bit from fear. What the hell is happening and how do I get out of this?