Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Brahms' POV:
A few minutes later, I hear Y/n snoring. Since she had fallen asleep, I decided to make my way back into the walls. Y/n was getting her rest and it was time I get some for myself. It was a lot easier for me to leave her side since she had moved all the way to the opposite side of the bed. I don't blame her for wanting to be away from me after the awkwardness that took place earlier.

When leaving the room, my footsteps were as light as a feather — not that I was afraid of waking her. The alcohol she consumed last night had served as a sedative and would keep her in a deep sleep for quite awhile.

After gently closing the door behind me, I release the tension on my tired muscles with a good stretch. Elongating my arms out with my hands in fists. I politely and sleepily yawn while my joints crack with the motion then, I head downstairs, into the walls, and then finally, to my bed. I collapse backwards onto the cold, firm mattress — landing with a hard thump. Though I would much rather prefer sleeping next to Y/n, I know I can't. Not after what happened. I can't stop thinking about the look on her face when I rejected her kiss. The confusion and hurt she must've felt.

The moment her lips came in contact with the mask, I was reminded of that one incident with Greta. It was the first time someone, other than my mother, had "kissed" me and well, I got stabbed for it. I'll have to explain this to Y/n later because right now, what I really need is to put my body and mind to rest.

Your POV:
Before waking up, my brain replays the last few scenes of my dreams. It was of me and Brahms. We were laying in bed together. And...we had kissed. At least, I think we did? The details are still a little fuzzy to me. As I sat up on the bed, I was rudely awakened by a throbbing pain from my forehead. It was a migraine, which helped me remember of last night's self-intoxication.

Feeling groggy, I decide to skip taking a shower and head right downstairs. I wander around the house; to the kitchen, living area, fireplace room, library room. As if I were looking for something. Or perhaps, someone. Where was Brahms?

For awhile, I debated whether to look for him in the walls. Since, I'd most likely find him in his lair. Unless, he's out hunting for food. As I stood there thinking, I feel my lower abdomen tighten. It's a sharp pain, as if something was poking the insides of my stomach with a knife. I recognize it immediately. This isn't just a stomachache from the alcohol but, cramps. I take out my phone to check the date. May 15th. If it's what I think it is, it's a little early. It looks like I might not be able to skip that shower.

I quickly head back upstairs and bring my toiletries to the bathroom. Pulling my pants down and taking a seat on the toilet, I check my panties. A dark reddish brown stains the fabric.

" Dammit," I say to myself, knowing that all I had brought were some panty liners. Knowing my usual period flow, I know that if I use a panty liner, in just an hour, it'll leak through. I continue sitting on the toilet, thinking about the choices I have. My eyes look over towards the toilet paper...No, that won't do. I'm gonna have to go get some pads for myself. And now that Brahms had turned the wifi router back on, I can call for a taxi. Brahms won't like that but, I have no other choice. What else could I do? Sit on the toilet all day? Hopefully he'll understand.

Approaching the entrance of the door, I call out to him.

" Brahms!" I try to yell. My voice doesn't really project so I try again, " Brahms, are you there? Can you hear me?"

I get no answer. Still, I yell out just in case he does hear me and just chose not to respond, " I'm gonna be right back. I- uh, need to get something important. It'll be quick."