Chapter 16

Chapter 16

At this moment, I really wished I had my camera on hand. After Brahms told me to delete everything from my memory card, I haven't touched the camera since. It's probably picking up dust on the bedroom nightstand. If only I could document this. I could possibly show the world that Brahms Heelshire never died. Here he was in front of my very own eyes, alive to be able to answer all the questions I yearn to know.

Brahms' POV:

Y/n was hesitant yet, eager as she asked her first question, "Did you really kill Emily Cribbs?"

I simply nodded.

"Why?" her voice shook, as if hoping for it not to be true, "How?"

I took a deep breath in. Ever since y/n arrived, I had become more familiar with using my voice as a way to communicate. All my life, I have never had to explain myself to others. There was nobody willing to listen...Until now. I have told her so much and yet, I've just barely touched the surface. Communication has always been quite foreign to me. I suppose it's the reason why I find talking to be so exhausting. I mainly rely on body language to speak for me.

In this case, answering questions with the nod or shaking of my head won't do. These questions need an explanation.

"-My parents had me at a late age," I began, "which is why they had taken precautionary measures to protect me."

"Like what?" she asks.

"I was never to leave the house. I didn't even get to go to primary school, my parents had to homeschool me. Every week, my father would bring a stack of books for me to read. I remember this book called, "David Goes To School" by David Shannon....I still have it," I point towards the top of the bookshelf.

Y/n walks over and stretches her arms up to grab it. She struggles but, with the help of her tippy toes, she manages to reach it.

Y/n flips through the pages, "David seems like quite the trouble-maker," she says.

I nod in agreement, "He never listens to his parents but, in the end, he is still loved and accepted by his parents. In some ways, I'm like him."

"It's called unconditional love," she says, "Loving someone regardless of what the circumstances might be. That means still being there for someone, even through tough times."

"Unconditional love is dangerous then," I say.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, y/n," I say, "I killed Emily Cribbs so why is it that I'm not in jail? Because of my parents. They must have loved me unconditionally."

"-It's not all bad," she replies, "The reason why you got away with killing Emily is because your parents didn't have boundaries. Unconditional love is never a reason to cover up a murder. Even if it was to protect you."

"Did you ever think there was a plausible explanation for it?" I asked her.

"-I can't think of any but," she pauses, "I am willing to listen."

As I began telling her my story, y/n doesn't interrupt or even ask questions. She just listened quietly but, carefully.

I told her how alone I felt. Never getting human interaction besides your parents would make anyone go crazy. I began acting up and it got so bad to the point where my parents finally gave in. They arranged our first play date one evening for Emily and I. Upon meeting Emily, her appearance was welcoming. Her blue eyes were big and doll-like, bright smile, hair shiny like platinum. But, whenever we played together, it was a different story. Since she would come over to my house, I had to share my toys with her. Most of my "toys" weren't actually toys. My parents would call it that to trick me into learning even while I was playing. Those that were actual toys and fun to play with, Emily would hog. Whatever I was playing with, she would try to take it from me. When I didn't let her, my parents would yell and demand that I give it to her. They let her boss me around and do whatever she wanted with me because, she was the first mate I've ever had. My parents didn't see anything wrong and thought that, maybe having Emily around was good for me. It had been what I wanted after all.

One day, Emily and I were playing a game of hide and seek in the woods of my backyard. I was the seeker. I caught Emily hiding behind a tree and when I did, she got angry with me. We started arguing and things escalated quickly. Emily got physical. She grabbed my arms, dug her nails into my skin, and dragged them down. I pushed her in self-defense and when I did, she fell...Hitting her head onto a rock.

We blankly stared at each other. Emily touched the back of her head and when she looked at her fingers, it was covered in blood. Emily's bright blue eyes grew frightful with realization of what just happened. She opened her mouth and let out a gut-wrenching scream. The scream tore through me like shards of glass. I felt my pulse quicken and my heart thudding through my chest. Terrified, I kept apologizing, trying to get her to stop but the screams kept coming. Adrenaline surged through my veins, should I fight or flight? I bent down and wrapped my small hands around the rock Emily fell on. My decision was made.

The rock was heavy and more than my weak arms could carry though, I was able to hold it high above the girl. As the rock fell from my grasp, I hear one last belch from Emily before it gets cut short. What follows, a loud snap and the cracking of her skull.

Note:
I apologize for the constant edits after I publish a chapter. I have so many ideas and ways the story could go that I end up taking things out or adding stuff in. My thoughts get jumbled. >.< It's a bad habit but I just want to get these chapters out as quickly as possible for you guys.

< It's a bad habit but I just want to get these chapters out as quickly as possible for you guys

Here's a Brahms meme I made. That's basically how I feel. 😆