Chapter 12

Chapter 12

You're surprised at how he managed to fall asleep, even in that mask of his. The pit of your stomach held the feeling of disappointment. You longed to see what lie under that mask. Pale like snow, splotches of red and white paint, with a little crack on the left side that runs from his left eye down to the nose. You stare, captivated by how peaceful he looked when at rest.

Brahms' sudden movement startled you as you thought he was about to wake. But, it was just to shift into a different position. He lie, still on his side except his arms and legs pulled closer to his chest, now in a fetal position. In this state, he looked so innocent and gentle, like a teddy bear. And with that hairy chest of his, he really was like a life-size teddy bear, waiting for you to wrap your arms around to snuggle.

You found it difficult to make eye contact with him but, with his eyes closed it was much easier to do so. Bending forward, you bring your face closer to his hearing his soft breaths in rhythm with the rise and fall of his chest.

A few mumbles can be heard, "Y/n" he says, "Don't...Don't go."

Then a whimpering, "Please. I'm sorry I hurt you."

His mumbles soon turn into cries, his soft breaths to a loud pant, "You're all I have!"

He then yells out your name in a desperate plead, "Y/N!" Brahms' body begins tossing and turning. He's having a nightmare.

You hear the sound of his voice, it's filled with fright and growing much louder. That's when you decide to wake him up. Your arm extends to gently squeeze his shoulder.

"Brahms?" you say. He whimpers.

You began to shake him, calling his name once more with concern in your voice. With that, his eyes shoot open and his pupils move rapidly around the room. When his eyes finally meet with yours it snaps him fully out of REM and he jumps up from his bed. You quickly back away and are about ready to bolt the hell out of here before Brahms holds up an arm.

"Wait!" He says.

Your body was turned towards the door but your face looked back at him. He lowers his arm in front of him and holds it with the other, his feet placed together showing he wasn't going to chase after you. You're still, awaiting to hear what he had to say. But, he doesn't speak. You continue walking to the door but stop in your tracks as he begins talking.

"—I was planning to show you this later today," he says, "but it looks like you have found it on your own."

You turn around, "Is that what you came to tell me earlier?"

He nods.

"It's got everything you'd need in here," you said, "Is this your room?"

"It is when there are visitors," he said, "My parents hid me here, told me it wasn't safe for me to ever leave beyond these walls."

"...What would've happened if you did?"

Brahms stood quietly, staring at his feet for a moment, "They would've taken me away. I'd rather be stuck in these walls all my life than go to prison."

"For what?" you asked.

Brahms' face shot up at me, "You know the story already. You talked about it in the videos you made."

"Oh yeah..." you say dumbly.

"The reason why you came here is to find out what really happened right?" he asked.

Yeah...And you learned a lot more than you bargained for.

"How are you alive?" you asked.

Brahms' POV:
I'm sure y/n has a lot of questions she's been dying to ask but, I can't tell her yet. I give her a look with my eyes to warn her but y/n doesn't get the message and continued to ask questions.

"Why do you wear that mask?"

"What happened to Greta?"

Greta...My jaw clenches from hearing that name and anger starts to boil inside me.

I was afraid of what would happen if she kept going. "You should go back to your room now, y/n," I say through gritted teeth.

She got the hint this time and left without a word. Once the door shut and her footsteps could no longer be heard, I slammed my fist against the wall.

Y/n is not going to be another Greta. Y/n is y/n.

Before she woke me up, I dreamt of y/n leaving me. Terror in her eyes, running far far away. I tried to run after her but my feet couldn't catch up. I just kept running in place. I didn't want to be alone anymore. If only y/n knew what actually happened that day. The day Emily Cribbs was murdered.

Author's Note: HEY GUYS! I watched BTS:Bring The Soul in theaters and it was AMAZING.

Love you guys! See you in the next chapter!