Chapter 5

Chapter 5

He held the knife right beneath my chin, putting slight pressure against my neck. All I heard was his heavy breathing mixed with what sounded like a cry. He released the knife and tossed it on the counter. Sinking on his knees in front of me. What the dangerous man before me was, is now a defenseless boy.

Brahms' POV
I looked at y/n's scared, little face. It reminded me of how Greta looked when she first saw me come through the walls. I only tried to protect her. She asked for my help! I knew that if I didn't kill him, he would keep hurting Greta. When I first saw y/n, I didn't know whether or not to try, but I went for it anyways. I opened the door to let her in, placed the doll, the rules. Those damned rules. My parents always wanted the others before Greta to follow. It became a habit, a normal routine. Not for me, but my parents. It's how they cared for me when I was a little boy. They kept the doll for themselves. They didn't like seeing what I'd become so I stayed hidden in the walls while they treat and care for the younger Brahms.

I threw the knife, I couldn't hurt y/n anymore. I didn't mean to hurt her like that. I thought she might've came back to try and kill me. Not that she would even get the chance to. I'm afraid that because of what I did she'll probably really leave for real.

"I'm sorry," I said pathetically, head down and on my knees in front of her. I got up and started loosening the rope around her.

Your POV
When my hands and feet were finally free I quickly shoved him away. It didn't do much since he was almost a whole foot taller than me. He stumbled back a bit and I moved myself over the opposite side of the counter. I took a quick glance around the room to see where I could go. There was a door behind me that led to the back, a hall to my left that leads to the stairs and the front entrance but I'd have to find my way past Brahms. I decided to try the door, but it was locked. A pair of hands suddenly wrapped around my waist and pulled me toward the stairs. I wiggled around to release his grip but when I tried, they would tighten. I let my feet drag across the floor to try and stop him since my hands were stuck under his arms. We were almost at the top of the stairs and I kicked both my feet on the stairs, knocking us both down. As we fell, I rolled out of his arms but my head met the ground hard. I fell all the way down the flight of stairs while Brahms managed to remain where he was, gripping the railing to keep his balance. I tried to get up but winced in pain. My vision was blurry. I looked up, all I could see was his pale mask coming in and out of focus, it was approaching closer and closer...I swear I heard a soft whisper of my name before everything around me turned black.