Chapter 32

Chapter 32

After getting dressed, I join Brahms back on the couch again. He had the camera in his hands — admiring the picture he had taken of me moments earlier.

Brahms notices me peering over his shoulder and tilts the display screen towards me. I lean in closer to get a better look. When I view the photo, my face scrunches immediately, " That's what I look like when I—," I pause to cringe in disgust, " Gross."

" You look lovely," Brahms interjects, " Cheeks flushed, eyes rolled back and all."

" I look possessed."

" You do not," he disagrees.

" —And that angle too," I add, " Not flattering at all."

" There has to be something you like about it," he says, turning to me.

Being a film and photography major, I suppose I can find at least one thing to appreciate...

" Let's see," I say, taking a closer look, " Given the amount of time you had to capture the moment... I can give you props for being able to keep the camera in focus."

Brahms nods in agreement, keeping his eyes fixated on the picture of me. He takes his thumb and grazes it over my body displayed on the screen, "...You look so precious screaming my name," he mutters softly.

His tender words and pure infatuation for me warms my heart and body. Although I can't see Brahms' face, I know there's a sly smirk hiding beneath that mask.

" Ok, that's enough. Give me back my camera," I say, holding my hand out, " Before you start drooling all over it."

" I still need more practice," Brahms replies, pulling the camera into his chest.

" Fine," I roll my eyes and laugh, " While you practice, I'm going to do some grocery shopping," I pull out my phone to call for a taxi, " I'll have my camera back after that."

When the taxi arrives, I let Brahms know and get up from the couch to leave.

" I'll be right back," I say, turning around to head to the front door. But, before I could take a step — Brahms clutches onto my hand.

I assume it's because he doesn't want me to leave.

" Don't do this to me," I sigh, " If you want to have dinner tonight, you're gonna have to let go."

I try to shake my hand out of his grip but, he tugs me back.

" C'mon, Brahms. I'll get you jars of that jam you like?" I try and bribe.

Still, his hold on me doesn't loosen.

That's when I tilt my head, blinking at him in confusion while trying to figure out what it is that he wants.

Brahms then lifts his chin up.

I let out a small laugh, " If I give you a kiss will you let me go?"

He nods.

" Okay, come here," I say and give him a peck on the lips of his mask.