Chapter 5

I cant sleep so heres this 🤪 sorry if its janky
------

"And this should be your room, dont work your voice out too much. Itll strain and make it harder for you to use it again." Niki said leading Tommy down elaborate halls.

"*Shouldnt I be in jail*"

"Well, we're looking into the case. I'm pretty sure the King has other plans for you." She stated.

Tommy just looked down, he didnt know how to respond. This was all so new to him. He literally had the mental compacity of a 6 year old, but the survival skill of a full grown adult. He was a complicated case and everyone knew that.

"Well I'll leave you to get some rest, someone may collect you later for dinner, but other then that you shouldn't be bothered. Unless the king or his sons make a visit." She said smiling, and with those words she left down the hallway before turning around.

"Also dont leave your room to wonder, you'll get lost and in trouble. We dont want that know do we?" She turned around and left once again.

"Shes mental." Tommy thought.

Tommy walked into his 'room'. There was a bed up against the wall with a cedar chest at the end of it. The walls were bland, and so was the floor. He didn't remember his room looking like this when he was younger, though he doesnt remember most of it, he remembers some things.

There was a dresser against the wall across from the bed and a book shelf beside the door.

Tommy wouldve read a book to pass the time, but he didnt know how to read, or write very well. He didnt fully learn before his parents died.

Tommy laid down on the bed but it just felt odd to him, yes it was comfortable, but it wasnt anything that he was used to.

He tried to get more comfortable but no matter what he seemed to do, it just didnt feel right.

Tommy got up from the bed and decided to lay on the cold wooded floor.

This felt so much more natural to Tommy, he was cold though from the different temperature that is in the castle.

It's much warmer outside then it is inside the castle.

Tommy pulled the thin blanket that was on his bed off of it and layed back down on the floor, now he was warm and comfortable.

Soon he was fast alseep, what was happening to him mentally drained him.
---

"Dad, you cant be serious." Techno said to his father.

"Yes, I'm serious, hes been alone for 9 years, no human interaction. No normal childhood. I think it would be nice if he joined us for dinner." Phil said as he walked down the halls with his sons.

They were heading to the room the boy was staying in, Techno thought this was a terrible idea, but Wilbur and Phil loved the idea of having someone new sit at the table with them.

"Techno, cmon, itll be fine. What's he gonna do? Kill us, stab us to death? I dont think he would do that, and for the record I dont think you would let him. So just chill out." Wilbur said nonchalantly, making his dad chuckle.

They arrived at the door they were instructed to go to l by one of the maids.

"Right, well, who's knocking?" Phil said, Wilburs eyes immediately beamed with life as he reached the door.

He knocked 3 times very softly, as if he were afraid of scaring whoever was behind that door.

But to their dismay there was no answer.

They were confused to say the least, Wilbur silently opened the door, only cracking it slightly. He peaked his head in and saw the boy sleeping peacefully on the floor, all wrapped up in his blanket. He looked peaceful.

Wilbur opened the door wide so his brother and father could see the image, and to his dismay, he could see something light up in both of them.

One was a fatherly look and the other was a protective look. They were beginning to get attached.

"Should I wake him?" Wilbur asked.

"Well he needs rest but he also needs to eat. Do what you want." Phil stated turning away and walking further down the hall.

Wilbur glanced at Techno who only shrugged.

At this, Wilbur decided to wake him.

He walked over to the child and gently shook his shoulder. He awoke groggily, sitting up and wiping away the tiredness from his eyes.

He looked up confused as to who they were but then remembered where he was. He only looked down, he had the expression of defeat on his face.

"They're gonna take me to the cells or they've had enough of me and will throw me out." He thought to himself.

"Hey kid, sorry to wake you, but we thought youd like to eat?" Wilbur asked calmly, he sensed the panicked energy that was radiating the small child. He felt it subside a little after he asked the question.

Tommy just gave a little nod, and stood in his place.

"*want to put me in cuffs so I dont murder you while going to dinner, I might eat ya.*" he signed.

Wilbur couldnt hold in his laughter, Techno just stood confused.

After a few minutes Wilbur collected himself, wiping away tears that had formed from laughing to much.

"What did he say? I wanna be apart of the funny thing." Techno said smiling a little.

"Nothing nothing. It's for me to know and for you to never find out." Wilbur said casually, this time it was Tommy's turn to laugh.

It was more of a breathy cackle then a laugh. It really only seemed like air was coming out. This made Techno and Wilbur laugh, they thought his laugh was so strange and different. It brought tears to their eyes from laughing so hard.

Phil stood at the end of the hall watching them closely. He smiled at how well they were getting along. If he was correct then he knew who his parents were, his close friends and their child dissapeared a long time ago. That child's name was Tomathy but he couldnt know for sure.

He had to make sure it was him, because Tomathy's father had signed legal documents that if anything were to happen to them, full custody would go to Phil.

Either way he wanted to take Tommy in, he wanted to give him proper schooling. He wanted Tommy to be involved with the world and pay for his small crimes, but in a different way other then jail.

Phil wanted the kid to be happy, but how far will he take this when all Tommy wants to do is go back to the forest?

After all in Tommy's mind, he was just an inconvenience, a trouble maker, if you will.

All Tommy was, was a thief.

Just a thief.
---
Word Count: 1167

Whoo I dids it, also sorry for errors I'm very bad at spelling things haha.