Chapter 6

Heyo
-------

Tommy sat at the table very silently, the others thought nothing of it sense he naturally couldnt talk.

He sat beside Wilbur, who sat across from Phil, and Techno sat beside Phil infornt of Tommy.

Tommy felt very out of place, but they made sure Tommy felt as comfortable as he could.

"Hey Tommy do you eat meat? If not we can get some carrots, or apples if you like?" Phil asked softly smiling at the boy.

They sat at the dining table earlier then they usually did, just so they could get an understanding of what Tommy would want to eat.

"*I've never tried it, and if I have, it's been awhile.*" he signed.

"What!? Never!?" Wilbur said, he wouldnt know what he would do if hes never had meat before. He practically lived off of it.

Tommy just shook his head, he usually stole apples from trees, or berries off of bushes.

"From Wilburs reaction, I'm guessing you dont really eat meat." Phil said chuckling.

Tommy nodded at that assumption, it wasnt far from the truth so, it didnt really matter.

"Would you like to try some? You can have a bite of mine if ya want?" Wilbur said, he didnt really want to share it but he would sacrifice a little bit if it ment getting someone else into it.

"*No no it's fine, really I dont think I'll like it.*" Tommy signed, shaking his head.

"Welp your still trying it, you want some apples though? Or do you want some carrots to eat?" Wilbur said, he genuinely wanted this kid to eat.

"*it doesnt matter. I mostly ate apples in the forest, so I cant say I've ever tried carrots either.*" he signed.

"Oh my gosh, dad, we need to get this kid the whole menue or something!" Wilbur said looking at his father.

He only laughed in response and Techno chuckled.

Time had passed and their food came out. They all had steak, baked potatoes, and bread.

Except Tommy, he had an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Mostly one of each, just so he could try them all.

Tommy was hesitant to star eating, it was so much food, he would have felt bad for not eating a single thing.

He waited till Wilbur started eating, just to be sure he didnt start eating when he wasnt supposed to.

He ate the apple first, he knew he liked apples so he started with that. Once he finnished he set the core aside on a napkin and picked up a long orange looking thing.

He looked confused at it, he hasn't seen one like it, or atleast he cant remember it.

"You ok there Tommy?" Techno asked looking at him bewildered.

All Tommy did was cock his head to the side in response.

"Oh, it's a carrot! I've read somewhere that they're linked to lowering your cholesterol!" Wilbur said, he reads a lot of different things. He knows a lot of strange facts on different items, it's one of his many qualities.

Tommy looked excited and very interested in what Wilbur was telling him. He looked like a kid learning about his favorite subject.

"Car...ret" Tommy chocked out, taking a bite of it.

"Woah, good job Toms!" Wilbur said beaming with excitement.

Tommy finnished the carrot and picked up another item. It was a purplish-red color.

"Oh that's a beetroot! Those help lower your blood pressure!" Wilbur said taking a bite of his bread.

"Be..et..ro..t" Tommy said, he struggled a lot with that word because it was a big word, it had to many silibles.

"Good job!" Wilbur said again, he was practically staring at him with aw.

As they kept going and Wilbur tought him new words, Philza and Techno were just watching. They were filled with amusement and bewildered by the sound of Tommy's voice.

"Ok Toms, I think that's enough vocal work, you'll strain your voice! And Niki would have a fit if I damaged you vocal cords!" Wilbur said standing up.

Tommy was said but knew that it would only last so long. Techno and Philza got up as well and pulled Tommy along with them.

"Tommy if you'd like, I could put you in tutoring, then you can learn about everything youd like!" Philza said putting his hand on Tonmys shoulder, walking along with him.

Tommy nodded eagerly, he loved learning as a child and never got bored of it. He learned how to read a few words at a young age but it didnt stick with him. He hasn't read anything for 9 years.

Phil chuckled and they walked along the everlasting halls until they made it to Tommy's room.

"Tomorrow we'll discuss something at breakfast, dont worry, nothings wrong. I just need to ask some more questions, but for now get some rest." Phil said with a kind smile.

Tommy nodded and walked into his room, he closed the door softly behind him. Then he got on the floor and fell asleep. He wasnt even thinking about the nightmare, and for the first time in 9 years, he didnt have any. He got a full night of sleep, which was much needed.

"You two better be heading off to sleep, you'll have to answer questions of your own tomorrow." Phil said, his smile never faltered, never faded. It was pure and kind.

The twins were lucky they had a father like him.

"Ok." Techno said as he walked off, he wasnt going to sleep, more like stay in his room and practice different fighting techniques.

"Hey dad, can I ask you something?" Wilbur asked when Techno was out of earshot.

"Sure son, what's up?" Phil said looking towards his son.

"Its about Tommy, what are you planning for him?" He asked, he started fiddling with his fingers. He already started to bond with Tommy, he felt a connection. Like he was supposed to take him under his wing.

"Well, I was hoping he would take me up on my offer, but we're gonna talk about it tomorrow." Phil said, ruffling Wilburs hair.

"Sure dad, but, I wanna keep him around you know? I wanna watch him grow up into someone." Wilbur said, he started to walk in the same direction Techno did not so long ago.

"I do to son, I do to." Phil said following him.

This was the first night Tommy wasnt afraid to go to sleep, but he was afraid that he'd wake up alone, or he'd wake back up in that forest alone.

It terrified him, and this was the first time Tommy relised he had separation anxiety.

That's not good, not only for him, but for the rest that will be affected by it.

--------
Word count: 1128