Chapter 8

Blep

Tw for body image/talking about body image :)
-------

"Right, now that we've finished breakfast, Tommy I think it's your turn to ask the questions." Phil said, Tommy looked up from the table, slightly confused.

"Go on, we've pestered you enough, you can ask some questions now." Wilbur encouraged him smiling.

"*What's gonna happen to me?*" Tommy signed, he was hesitant but, he needed this to be answered.

Wilbur's smile faltered a little, "why this question to start?" He thought to himself.

"What's gonna happen to me?" Wilbur said turning his head toward his father.

"Well, I was thinking that, you can pay for your crime in a different way then in jail. You're young and you were just trying to survive. You'll have to help around at the farm you stole from. And anywhere else that you've stolen from. Then your debt will be payed." Philza answered calmly.

"*when my debt is paid, what will happen to me?*"

"When my debt is paid, what will happen to me?" Wilbur translated.

"Well, that's for you to decide. I think I can speak for all of us when I say this but we would be happy for you to stay with us. Maybe even be adopted into the family?" Philza suggested, Tommy visibly perked up hearing those words.

All he ever wanted was a family again, that's all he wanted.

"*How old are you Wilbur?*"

"17" wilbur answered plainly, he had no interest In his age. He thought he was old.

"*and the king?*"

"You dont have to call him that and hes 38." Wilbur answered once again.

Techno and Phil watched silently, they only spoke when they were questioned or adressed.

"*you and Techno are twins right?*"

"Yep! Technos older though, only by three minutes though." Wilbur said.

"Yea I am!" Techno said putting an accomplished smile on his face.

"Whatever." Wilbur said rolling his eyes.

"*Will I have schooling? I've always wanted to go to school, I liked learning as a child.*" he signed eagerly.

"Will I have schooling?" Was all Wilbur translated, he didnt think it was needed to translate the other part. You could see how much Tommy liked to learn when Wilbur translated.

"Yes, it can start whenever you like, I have a teacher that's willing to teach you." Phil answered laughing at the boys bouncyness.

"*can I start tomorrow?*"

"Can I start tomorrow?"

"Of course, you can start when you're ready." Phil said smiling at how excited he was to learn.

Tommy shifted in his seat, he was really excited, he also wondered who his teacher was going to be, but decided he would wait till tomorrow to find out.

"*do any of you guys play an instrument?*"

"I do! I play the guitar and I write my own songs, they dont usually play an instrument because they're boring." Wilbur said.

"Did you use to play an instrument or did you want to learn?" Techno asked.

"*father was going to get me a violin after the camping trip, but he didnt really make it- neither of them did.*" Tommy looked down upset. Wilbur immediately hugged him.

"Father was going to get me a violin after the camping trip, but he didnt really make it. Neither of them did." Wilbur said.

Tears filled Tommy's eyes as he remembered the night his parents died, the night he was left alone to survive in this very cruel world.

Wilbur hugged him harder when he heard the little sniffles that came from Tommy.

"Oh Tommy I'm sorry, I didnt mean to." Techno started but Tommy shook his head and wiped his tears.

"* I should tell you what happened anyways, they were killed protecting me. A monster killed them, my mother told me to run so that's what I'd did. I try not to think about it.*" tears started to roll down his face once more.

Wilbur sighed, "They were killed protecting me. A monster killed them, my mother told me to run so that's what I did. I try not to think about it." He said calmly.

Tommy wiped his eyes again. He tried to collect himself but it was hard.

"I'm sorry Tommy, how about whenever you fulfill all your debts, we buy you a violin?" Phil said smiling at the puffy eyed boy.

Tommy nodded in excitement, his sadness was fading and he was glad.

"Well I think it's time we get going to the village and pay a visit to all the people you stole from." Phil said.

Tommy groaned but nodded, he was glad he was going to be able to pay those people back.

They started walking out of the dining hall when Niki appeared infront of them.

"Hello Niki, what can I do for you?" Phil asked smiling at her.

"Tommy needs to come with me, even though his head has healed due to the advanced healing pots. I need to help him with his voice. The only other time I'm free today is after midnight so I need to see him now." Niki said calmly, her and Phil were good friends so he new that he couldnt stop her from taking Tommy.

"I understand, Tommy we'll have to wait till tomorrow, maybe after your lessons." Phil said putting a hand on his shoulder.

Tommy nodded as Niki pulled him along in the direction she came from.

"Saved by the doctor." Wilbur said making Techno laugh.

"Alright alright, you boys have your own lessons to go to, so get moving." Phil said pushing the boys along.

They both groaned but headed to their rooms, they got private lessons in the privacy of their own rooms so they wouldnt be bothered. They enjoyed that more then having to go to the library they had there.

They had a good rest of the day, Tommy did vocal exercises with Jack and Niki told him his head injury was good. She had to set him on a nutritional diet to help him gain weight, he was to thin for his age.

At dinner he would eat a small amount but he would work his way up to bigger meals in the future, it's a slow process but it was one he was ready for.

Their day had come to an end and they were all getting ready for bed. Tommy had spent the day with atleast one other person, wether it be Niki, Jack, Wilbur, Phil, or Techno he wasnt alone. So when he had to stay inside his small room all alone.

You could say he was terrified.

He tried falling asleep on the bed but it just wasnt what was used too. He decided he would sleep on the floor again. Only on the floor did he find the most comfort, it was weird yes, but it was how he grew up, so he wasnt complaining. Just as long as he got some sleep.

But the nightmares that followed him to that deep slumber, they were unforgettable.
-------

Word count: 1165

Whoo I got another one done, this was kind of a filler chapter so I apologize for that. The next chapter will be good I promise :)