Kabanata 22

Kabanata 22: Half

As long as, I'm clueless, my life will spare from hell, that's what Ylona said to me awhile ago. She knew that I am a curious fucking human being but, gave me a bunch of words that made me more confuse and curious. They are giving me a head ache.

"Everyone is asking me to stay away from you." I mumbled, as I squeeze her hand.

Isa pa 'to sa dagdag alalahanin ko. Hindi ko maisip kung bakit nila ako pinapalayo kay Ylona. Is it because of Iana? That, I might hurt her feelings?

"You should obey them, Allison." She said. "That's the best way to protect you. I couldn't take the thought of you, having a break down because of me. I am a troublemaker."

"I can't..." I whispered.

She laughed a bit. "I hope you can still say those two words, the moment they said something they know about me." She enunciated.

I am now convinced that I like Ylona. I can't stay away from her without me, getting a clear explanation of them. Even if they asked for it, I will not drift away. I will not let my guards down too fast. If they can confuse me, I can play the role of being a fool.

"I used to wish a perfect relationship. But, fate always gave me the most unacceptable one." She laughed bitterly. She's still leaning on my shoulder while our fingers were intertwined.

"Iana told me that you were the first love of each other. So, it means, you confessed your feelings here?"

"Yes. At first, I thought it would be easy for us because they saw us being compatible with each other. I can handle her stubborness and, she can handle me, being an introvert. But, fate ruined us. The moment we confessed our relationship to her parents, they decided to take her away from me." I heard her released a sigh.

"That's awful." I commented. "Why didn't you fight for her?"

"I did fight. Pero, binigyan nila ako ng isang kondisyon. They said, they will help me find the person behind my family's death if I will stay away from their daughter. I didn't hesitate to say yes to them. I drifted away, even if it hurts." Unti-unti niyang inangat ang ulo niya para makita ang mukha ko.

Tama si Iana. What's interesting about them is their tragic love story. But, I am more interested about Ylona than Iana.

"And, now, I have feelings for you." She confessed. I am just listening. "Before, I couldn't imagine myself being alone without Iana at my side. But hey... I just did." She giggled. "And, I couldn't imagine that the person I loved before have a feeling to the person I love now. Fate is playing me."

"I like you, Ylona..." I admitted.

She nodded. "Good to hear but, you love Iana."

Napabuntonghininga ako dahil sa sinabi niya. Inalis ko ang kamay ko sa pagkakahawak niya at inakbayan siya.

"What if you first met me? Will I be the one you love today?" She asked. "But, don't worry, I am now contented of what we have. I won't interfere of what you and Iana have right now."

"Why does it feels like you're saying goodbye to me?"

She faced me and flashed a smile. She cupped her face. "I will not say goodbye, until this game is over." I nodded. "And, one more thing, don't push Iana away from you. She loves you very much. She's doing something that will help you solve the case. Don't be mad at her. She is just doing what is right."

Ylona made me realized that I'd been too hard to Iana. I gave her a silent treatment which she didn't deserve. I hurt her so much. Para akong gumaganti sa mga sakit na binigay niya sa akin. I threw her some words that made her feel anguish.