•05•

Amren Valentino

"So you know how we've been keeping tabs on the Russians?" Luca says after bursting into my office without much of a knock, with a hint of mischief clouding up his electric blue eyes.

"Mm" I let out in acknowledgment. I'm currently going through everything we have on both Spanish and Russians. The first step to defeating your enemies, is be them. Get to know them.

What are their strengths and weaknesses? What prevents them from sleeping at night? What's the thing they worship the most? And how can you use that to your advantage?

"Hell, if you wouldn't want to know what I just discovered" A sick creepy smile is plastered onto his face. And if this is coming from a reliable source and we do really have them figured out, then, checkmate.

"Just spit it out" I urge him with a threatening look in my eyes to stop the teasing and just cough it up.

"Well, well. Who would've guessed that Ivan Volkov himself has proposed a deal with the Spanish mafia. A treaty of some sort" He draws out and that catches my attention.

A treaty between both parties equals war and destruction brought upon us. There's no grey area here. No Switzerland bullshit.

You either fought with or against. Simple.

Let's say for future reference, I decided I had enough of Ivan's bullshit one day and struck him. That would mean I provoked not only him but also every mafia he's in an alliance with. That's why treaties are important, they provide the wanted amount of power snd security required to fight off your enemies.

"And what? The Spanish mafia will just accept that with ease?" I scuff. Knowing Arturo Vasquez, he wouldn't surrender himself to the Russians. Especially not to the sick bastard Ivan.

"That's not all" Luca adds, "This is no ordinary sign and seal proposal. It comes with a catch. Arturo has to marry his daughter to Ivan in order for it to work" His words take me by surprise.

Why would Ivan do that? What the fuck is going on in that twisted mind of his?

"Have you informed my father?" This much vial info should reach my father so he can calculate our next move.

"Of course, he's been informed as soon as I got to learn it myself" He says then takes his leave. Shutting the door closed, he leaves me trapped with my thoughts and my mind already starts wandering off, thinking of different scenarios and numerous tactics we could use to implode their plan.

I can't help but think that this said 'meeting' is sure going to be interesting.

°°°

The driver parks the car in front of the entrance of an exclusive casino.

All parties agreed meeting here and since there was a strict 'no guns allowed inside' policy. All parties deemed it as the perfect place to discuss the matters at hand.

What better place to negotiate war and peace rather than a high class, draping chandeliers lit casino, that stenches from the smell of dirty money, fine cigars and musky deodorant.

After I pulled out the two guns tucked in my waistband, a knife glued to the inside of my shoe, another tiny handgun from the inside of my suit jacket pocket, I followed my father inside, trailing behind him towards the VIP lounge that was reserved tonight especially for our treat.

Upon entering, I take notice to Ivan seated lazily but confidently on one of the chairs around the round table with one of his goons stood vigilantly not so far behind.

I can't help but hold in the grimace I have for him inside. Upon seeing us, the sick bastard smiles mischievously "Dominic, Amren. Long time no see" His breath smells of vodka and nasty cigarettes.

"Ivan" My father offers a complementary nod and I lock my gaze with his, not saying anything.

We take our seats and decide to wait for Arturo to come so we can start this wretched meeting.

About ten minutes later, files in Arturo with his bodyguard. Though that's not what caught my attention. It's the lethal brunette in a red dress that followed suit behind him that drove my mind insane.

The wine colored dress complimented her shape perfectly. Having the slit reaching upper thigh and the exposed chest area grabbed the eyes of everyone looking but left enough covered in a teasing matter.

While I admired silently, Ivan on the other hand, didn't do much to hide the hunger illuminating his black beady pupils.

Once we were all seated and ready to talk business. I put on my stoic face on and listened intently to what everyone was saying, though a certain brunette dressed in red sitting across from me danced on my mind continuously.

•••

A/n:

Ok ok, first meeting
what do we think so far?

Things are about to go south.
South south.

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️