•32•

Amren Valentino

We both pulled away breathless, heaving chests desperately panting for air. I look down at her to find the usual rosy tinted cheeks intensifying with color.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked eyeing me up through her thick lashes, batting them extremely slow, stirring me more unknowingly.

"Why? You didn't like it?" I frown at her question. This was -is- hands down the best kiss I've ever had, and it churns my gut with disappointment to discover it wasn't to her liking.

"N-no, it was, um, perfect. I'm asking why did you do it though?" Her eyes scanning every inch of my face like a test sheet she's trying to memorize.

Tucking a loose chunk of hair behind her ear, I said "I wanted to kiss my wife, can't that just be the reason?" I chuckled and she held her gaze questioning, unwavering brown eyes staring into mine.

"You know what I mean!" She huffed frustrated, pouting her lips and making movement to get up, before she could do that I quickly grabbed her thighs and held her down.

"Why don't you tell me why you kissed me back?" I let out raising an eyebrow at her, while she flushed like a tomato in the heat.

"I-I, ermm" She was struggling in saying it first and I smirked at her stuttering figure.

"You're what, sweetheart?" I dared her teasingly, watching her at a loss for words. Cute.

"Well, for me, I could say that I kissed my wife because.." I stopped right there and her ears perked, eyes widening in vigilance.

"What?" She pressed me for an answer and I decided enough teasing her and came clear with my actions to myself and her.

"I kissed you because I like you" I finally was verbalizing the words I've been constantly thinking through them in my brain, never once did I actually say it out loud before now.

She gasped, her eyes growing almost twice the size, fingers playing with the collar of my blouse "You like me?" Almost making sure that what I had said wasn't a fragment of her induced imagination.

I nodded in confirmation "Yeah, besides what's there not to like? Absolutely nothing." Her fingers kept tangling with my collar, pulling and tugging, and she stared off into the field, taken by a trance.

"Now it's your turn to tell me why you kissed me" I demand, pulling her out of the captures of her own mind.

"I kissed you because you kissed me" She said

"Bullshit" I replied instantly "And you know it" Throwing her a subtle smirk my fingers shot out to caress the skin on her collarbone, and I couldn't miss the heaving of her chest up and down; breaths coming out staggered and barely controlled.

"You're right. I kissed you because I also like you" She finally admitted and my heart fluttered in my ribcage at her confession.

"Oh, so you like me too?" I smirked at her while she hid her face in my chest in cute embarrassment, my chest rumbling with laughter beneath her.

Her arms tightened their hold on me, hugging my form all to herself, and my arms enclose around her torso bringing her closest as possible to me, lathering in her exquisite scent that puts my mind at ease.

We stayed there, tangled in each others arms, admiring the setting sun together for hours, hugging the other like it's the end of the world.

Currently, she's sitting with her legs sprawled out in front of her, my head nuzzled in her lap, her fingers going through my tangled hair, nails scratching my scalp soothingly.

I get lost in relishing the feeling, for a split moment I believe that this is what heaven is, this is truly what it feels like.

Her one hand is messaging my head lovingly, while the other is enclasped in my hand drawing circles on it, while also tracing random figures.

My other hand shoots out to her leg, a feather like touch grazing the skin, causing goosebumps to appear, and I smile in my head at the effect I have on her.

"Ren" Her honey voice calls out in the silence.

I turn my head in her lap, facing her "hmm?" I ask.

"I- i" She starts stuttering and I give her hand in mine an encouraging squeeze.

"I want you" Shit. My heart bursted out of my chest.

"Come again?" I was afraid my brain was somehow making the words up.

"I. Want. You." She says slowly and I get up in response, taking her by surprise.
I put one arm behind her back, the other under her knees and in one swift motion, lift her up in my arms.

Her hands tighten around my neck in reaction, while a shrilled gasp comes out "Ren, what're you doing?" She asks while giggles escape her mouth.

"You want me, I want you. I'd say that pretty much sums it up, don't you think?"

"Mmm" She lets out with a smile adorning her gorgeous face, her cheeks tinted red again.

I carried her to the car, and let's say the drive only took half the time it usually does. Impressive when you have just the right dosage of motivation.

•••

A/n:
Ok, this too much
cuteness in one chapter :;)