Chapter 5

For the past month you've always slept in a hall leaning against your wolf but today your wolf ended up teleporting the both of you in Keith's room so that you would wake up next to his bed on the floor.
Your wolf probably did this because he's gotten to be very good friends with Keith's wolf.

You find yourself in a room you've never seen before, seeing Keith sleep in his bed beside you. You're laying on the floor, leaned against your wolf.
You're very surprised and stare at Keith for some time, he looks really adorable and peaceful while sleeping you think.
Neglecting your want to run your hand through his hair you look if your wolf is awake and ready to teleport you out but he isn't. Not wanting to wake up anyone you go towards the door to open it.

Somehow Keith wakes up from your noises even though you tried to stay quiet, he asks "Who's there? What's going on?" while quickly sitting up.
You turn around to face him, for the first time you see him in just a t-shirt instead of the Blade of Marmora uniform.
You smile awkwardly and say "Sorry.. I woke up here next to my wolf. We went to sleep in the hall as always but I think he teleported us here while I was asleep, now I wanted to go out of your room, but he isn't awake yet so I thought I'd use the door."

He looks at your wolf and then smiles.
"Must be because our wolves understand each other really well." Then he looks at you
"Don't worry about it. I actually should've showed you my room much earlier.. however, as you can see there's not much to show."
In his room there really are only his uniform, a few spare clothes, his sword and a photo of a Galra soldier.. she looks a lot like Keith.
"Is this your mom? She looks similar to you" you ask him while going towards the photo to get a closer look.
"Yeah, someday you can meet her" he says.
You smile "I hope so."
You think about something you wanted to ask Keith for a longer time now.

"Keith, we've been to some missions this month and I've seen you fight a few times or just dodge attacks. You're an amazing fighter and must've trained a lot. I know I can't be as much of a help to the Blade but I'd love to learn some of the techniques you learned, we may not use them that often since everything's gotten more peaceful but there still are some people seeking power and being violent out there. I want to help as much as I can. I've used my air magic a few times by now but I think I really could improve a lot if I knew some general fighting techniques. You don't have a lot of time to spare but you still train sometimes so I was wondering if you could teach me some things if that's alright."

He looks at you, happily
"I'd love to. And thank you, you're pretty good with your magic abilities, you know. I believe you'll get really strong with some hard work. Plus, your wolf has been a big help and already knows a lot about teleporting at the right time, we should train with our wolves too. We can start today if you want, I've planned to train right after breakfast."
"Sounds amazing." after shortly thinking about it you ask "But what will the other people think, you'll be fighting air.."

He realizes and puts his hand under his chin, trying to think of a solution..
He furrows his eyebrows then his expression softens
"I know, there's a training area that's only used in the afternoon, in the morning hours it's not open. We can just teleport there with our wolves." "And that's ok with you?" you ask. "Yeah of course." You both smile at each other.
"Very well, we should get breakfast now, right? Can't wait for our first session." You tell him.
"You can head there, I'll just have to get dressed." He says looking down his body. You laugh "Ah right, I'll be outside." Your wolf slowly stands up and follows you "So now you're awake.." you tell him while petting him and heading out of Keith's room.

That went really well. You'll get some training. From Keith, this amazing fighter and person. Standing outside the hall lost in thoughts someone passes right through you. You freeze. Right.. Keith.. the only person that sees me. You smile and head towards the breakfast area. Up until now you've usually eaten alone, taking food with the teleporting abilities of your wolf when no one's watching. Keith joined you a few times and it was great to eat with him. He told you he prefers eating with you over eating with others because he can get away from the many people this way. As much as you liked eating beside him you still told him to eat with the other members often to not raise suspicion and remain in good contact with them.
Today you eat on your own, excited about the training session that would follow.