Chapter 17

It's been a month now since Keith and you confessed your feelings. You're back on a big ship, the mission you just went on was successful, teleporting with your wolves and using your air magic was really useful to get the water back to the people on that planet.

You and Keith still train together and talk a lot, which always is a lot of fun. Your connection to each other feels deeper than ever before.. When you look at him smiling at you, both of you knowing how much you mean to the other.. that's one of the best feelings ever.

And it turns out even though Keith generally doesn't just hug people he really likes hugging you, you also often walk around hand in hand, which everyone else doesn't see anyways. However, Acxa saw it.

On one evening she asks you and Keith "So.. are you guys.. more than just friends now?" She smiles with that same smile she gave you and Keith before when seeing you together.

You feel yourself blushing and look at Keith, not knowing how to tell Acxa. He's blushing as well but then smiles.
"Yeah.. we are. We're partners."
"I knew it!! It was obvious from the beginning that you.. you know, were in love. I was just waiting for you both to tell each other. If you don't mind telling me.. since when?" Acxa asks.
You smile looking at Acxa.. She always kinda knew.. she's a really good friend.
"Well... back on the mission where Keith, our wolves and I went on this spaceship.. that's where we told each other."
"I'm very happy for you two. I think you're great together." Acxa tells you both.
You both smile and for the evening you continue talking about different things that happened on your and Acxas last mission.

A few days later

The mission the group of the Blade is currently on is very combat focused, on the planet you are right now there are these Kedras, they have taken over the capital city of the planet, violently killing the inhabitants that don't want to work as their slaves.
Your mission is to take over them, to capture them, but not kill them.
You've improved with your swordfighting skills a lot, you still aren't as athletic as Keith or Acxa but youre closer to their level.

The past day you've already fought alongside Acxa and Keith out there, often using your wind magic but only in a way that no one else would find suspicious which is a hard thing to do. This situation really makes you want to become visible again. However, you ended up protecting a lot of people, some inhabitants and some Blade of Marmora people by blowing targets away with your wind magic.

What you managed to do as well was to save Keith from a guy that would've hurt him pretty badly.. it maybe would've been deadly. He thanked you for that multiple times which you were really flattered by. And seeing a few of the inhabitants getting hope again made you feel very glad to be a part of this mission too.

Today, it's the same thing, youre out there fighting against the Kedra. But this time you got separated from Keith at some point, but you're still busy fighting with them which is why you have no time to look for him. Your wolf is with you and Keith's wolf is with him.
Teleporting with them is really useful. But to make sure not to scare the inhabitants you can only rarely use it.

You see a seemingly very powerful Kedra threatening inhabitants.. He's already killed one of them and will very likely do the same thing to the other ones.
You go towards your wolf looking there, he teleports you near them but not right in front of them. Quickly you try to figure out the best way to help them. You see a cave behind them.. if only you could get the Kedra person in there, close off the cave and then teleport out with your wolf.. then later when you see Keith again he can get there and capture him.

Ok, it's a plan, you think to yourself.
As you see the Kedra person lifting their weapon you see that they have some kind of magic as well.. must be a very powerful person. But they don't seem to be able to break through cave walls so the plan should work.

Then you use your wind magic to stop the Kedra from hitting one of the inhabitants, teleporting with your wolf. Your wolf also makes him fall over and as you continue to hold off the weapon the inhabitants flee to the side. The wolf then teleports inside the cave and you stop holding the person off, dodging their blade. You blow the Kedra soldier into the cave by using a strong wind force, then you use your wind to break off a big stone above the entrance of the cave that you saw was unstable already.

Before you drop the stone you go inside the cave to your wolf who tries to distract the Kedra soldier so they wouldn't flee out of this cave. You drop the stone and just as you are about to teleport out you feel a barrier form around you and your wolf. "C'mon teleport us!" you tell your wolf" You see him trying but he isn't able to.. this must be a trap which makes him unable to teleport. Oh no.. You've never seen anything like this.. Scared you look at the Kedra soldier.

"Haha... got you now." He only seems to see your wolf.. But this trap still affects you too, you're unable to move as well as your wolf. This magic is strong. The soldier is coming closer. You don't know what you can do.. desperate you look at your wolf, he's growling. What could help you now..

Keith. If he could teleport here with his wolf. But how.. You have to try. Your wolf and you can't die here, you think to yourself. There still are so many things to do.. You put your hand on your wolf and close your eyes. Please.. if there's any way.. Keith, find me.
You hear the Kedra soldier approaching..

Please..