Chapter 18

Suddenly you feel Keith's presence. Not in front of you but.. through your wolf. Please.. come to me.. you think.

Kling! Shocked you open your eyes. There Keith stands right before you, blocking the Kedra soldier sword that surely would've killed you.
He did it.. He came here.

Keith fights with the soldier. He's really good. He manages to knock the weapon out of his hand. His wolf takes the weapon into his mouth, then teleports outside and inside without it. Now the Kedra soldier's weapon is gone. Keith then uses a trap to make the soldier fall down, he's unable to move.
You're amazed by Keith's skills.
He turns to you, you tell him "Don't come close! We're trapped here and it seems like this trap makes us unable to move and teleport!" Keith nods.

Suddenly Keith's wolf takes a bracelet from the Kedra soldier. It glows in the same colour as the trap.. Could it be.. "That might be the source of this magic!" you tell Keith's wolf.
"Good boy." Keith says petting him.
Then Keith pierces through the bracelet's stone with his sword. The trap breaks and both you and your wolf can move again.

Keith comes towards you and holds out his hand, you take it and stand up. "Thank you.." you shift your eyes towards his wolf "both." Then you look back at Keith "You just saved both our lives."
"We promised to protect each other remember? Just fulfilling that.. But I have to say.. what happened with the wolves back there? It was something.. something I never experienced before."
You nod "I.. don't understand it as well but I called out for you. Let's figure it out as soon as were done here."

You both manage to capture the soldier as you had planned, turns out it was one of their leaders, they have this kind of magic that can create traps.
Luckily, this mission is finished after the day, the Blade managed to capture the Kedra and the inhabitants were given supplies and help.

After dinner Keith comes to you into his bedroom "And another planet we could help." he says and you add
"It was definitely stressful but worth it.. seeing all those people have hope again. And thank you for.. not only saving lots of lives but also mine.. And his." You pet your wolf who's laying beside you.
Keith smiles. "We wanted to figure out what happened there, remember?" he asks sitting down beside you.

You nod and explain
"I.. I didn't know what I could do, so I connected to my wolf. Thinking you could save us if only there was a way for you to hear me.. to know where I am to teleport to me."

"And I was out there just done battling a soldier when my wolf. He came up to me glowing.. And when I put my hand on him.. somehow I knew you needed help. I didn't know where exactly you were.. but he could sense it. I desperately wanted to get to you. And somehow we did get to you."
He pets his wolf who lays down beside him.

"It's like.. we could connect through our wolves. It's not like we could hear what the other one was saying.. it's rather what they were.. feeling." you tell him, trying to figure it out.
"Yeah.. It's like we could feel each other. And because it was a very critical situation.. somehow me and my wolf could teleport exactly where you needed us."

"Feeling each other.. how the other one is doing when we're not seeing the other.. that would be super useful. Do you think maybe we can do that anytime we want to?" you ask.
"Let's find out." Keith says, putting a hand on his wolf. You do the same and put your hand on yours. Closing your eyes. Concentrating on Keith.

Then you feel.. this connection. You can feel him and his wolf. They're both fine.. happy.
You both break out of the connection. You open your eyes, amazed.
"Did you just feel that too?" Keith asks.
"I felt you.. that you're fine and happy. You and your wolf both." "That's exactly what I felt too!" He tells you, excited.

Your wolves both seem excited too. Yours tells you that this is something new. Something he couldn't know he could do. Then your wolves both cuddle with each other, putting their noses against each other.
"I think this is a new ability or something.. "
you begin trying to tell Keith what your wolf told you

Keith adds "Yeah.. we just unlocked that in them. Probably because.. of our deep connection to one another." He smiles looking at you and taking your hand. You smile too.
That means.. you can feel each other all the time now. You just both have to connect to your wolves.

Telling him your thoughts you say "Now we can.. always stay connected. Know how the other one's feeling whenever we want.. whenever they also connect to the wolf."
You lean your head on Keith's shoulder, he leans his head against yours.
"We'll just have to both connect to our wolves at the same time.. Hey, when we're on missions and don't see each other for a little while.. that will be very useful. We can always make up a time where we check up on one another if it'll be possible." Keith says.
"Definitely. And also.. If you think about what happened today.. when we really are in danger. I think then our wolves will feel the other one even if there's just one of us trying to connect to the other. That way he can signal it to us and we can.. protect each other."
You tell Keith, looking at your wolves.

You hear Keith ask the wolves "You really are able to do that, huh? Saving each other.. You both are amazing." He pets both of them, they seem happy and kinda proud.
Then the wolves lay down on both your laps..
"Looks like we'll have to stay like this for while now" you tell Keith sitting with your head still leaning against his shoulder.

He chuckles softly
"I don't mind that at all.." You close your eyes and after a while you doze off. After this day of lots of fighting and unlocking a new ability with your wolf you feel really tired.. but happy.