Chapter 26

You slowly turn towards Keith. He still looks worried but surprised. You give him a soft but also sad smile and look down. All of the lives lost on this planet..

Keith puts his fingers on your chin, lifting your face up to his again
"If you want to.. we can explore more. I'm sure we'll find something here. At least your wolf felt something important here.. there's more to this cave." You look to the side, its true, the cave seems to go a lot deeper.

You take a deep breath. It's been so long until you've been here. But it feels like so many answers you've been waiting for all these years could lie just ahead of you. You nod at Keith "I'm ready, let's go."
He takes your hand and you both walk further down the cave. Deep in the cave at one point you can see some light coming from behind a stone wall.
You could either teleport or... just move the stones with your wind magic.. but that might risk bringing the cave to fall down.

You look at the wolves "Can you both teleport us in there?" They both try but they can't.. weird.
"That room.. it's blocked off with some kind of magic." Keith says telling you what his wolf just told him. There has to be something special in there.. "Looks like the only way in then is this.." You carefully move the stones away using your air magic. The room before you is revealed. You step in and are shocked by what you see. Standing beside you Keith has the same reaction.

There are 8 big crystals.. they carry people in them. As you look closer at them.. you see Skydiras. They're asleep. You slowly walk a little closer to see their faces. You remember these people. You didn't know them but you've seen them before..

But then.. in one crystal. You run towards it.. it can't be..

Before you you see your young brother's body. His eyes are closed, like he's sleeping. He looks.. unchanged. Just how you remember him. Tears start to form on your face.

"These all are.. other Skydiras." Keith carefully says walking towards you.
"This is my brother." You tell Keith quietly still staring at your brothers face.
You feel Keith put a hand on your shoulder as you say "He's.. still alive. these crystals.. they can preserve people for a long time. It's like what you told me about finding Kran and Allura.. they're in a similar state.. You know, Alteyans and Skydiras.. they are pretty similar."

Slowly the shock fades away, you start to smile. "That's.. amazing. Does that mean.. we can free all these people?" Keith asks.
"Yeah." You tell Keith.
"This has to be a lot for you to take in.. even for me it is.. but I'm so glad.. we finally found other Skydiras, I can't wait to meet all of them."

"Me too. I'm ready. To free them.. Actually I can't wait to do it. I think I just have to.." You walk closer towards the crystal of your brother. Looking at his face, you carefully raise your hand close to the crystal.
You take a deep breath. Here we go.
You put your hand on the crystal. Then you feel a big connection. One you didn't even remember you could feel.. that's how long ago it was that you last felt a Skydira.

The crystal fades away and your brother falls out of it, you catch him in your arms.
"What.. where? Where am I?" You hear his voice. You had forgotten what it sounded like which was one of the worst things for you.. but now you are hearing it again. It brings tears to your eyes.
"You're alive. You're with your sister.. Y/N." You tell him, almost unable to speak, holding him tightly in your arms.