Chapter 15

Keith and you are on a small spaceship now, it's just you both and the two wolves, you still sleep next to him on the floor as there's no second bedroom in it. Keith told you that most of the missions the Blade goes on are now in groups, however there still are some where someone goes just solo. But in your case, it's not really solo..

The reason for this mission being a solo one is that the wolves are needed to get to a place, Keith said it had something to do with the water source being blocked off on a planet, you'll figure out the exact problem on the planet itself though. That's the only information he received by now.

For now, you've been travelling for 3 days. Since there is no training room in the small spaceship you weren't able to train a lot. But because Keith pilots this spaceship he has taught you some things about how these spaceships are piloted, it's similar to what you've dealt with before but still different. He even let you take control of the spaceship for some time and it was a lot to remember but still a lot of fun to just fly around in space yourself.

Now it's evening. The past few days you both just went to the bedroom, talked a bit about the book and other things before falling asleep.
Since you're at a very beautiful area in space today, with lots of pretty galaxies, planets and stars surrounding you, you decide you want to stay in the pilot room a little, to just admire your surroundings.

After a while you hear footsteps.
Must be Keith, you think, still watching the stars. "Its beautiful.. the place were currently at." you say.
He stands beside you, looking up at the stars as well. "It really is. And so quiet, very peaceful.." Keith says, you turn and look at him.

Ever since you met Keith you admired him a lot. And over the past months, you've gotten to know him.. the amazing person he is. You found yourself thinking about him more and more. Which made you realize how important he is to you. There were many times you've looked at him and thought to yourself.. he's so beautiful.. inside and out. You even told him he was pretty.. he liked it and even told you the same thing. Which makes your heart beat faster everytime you think about it.

And right now you look at him looking up at the stars.. they shimmer in his beautiful eyes, his fluffy, messy bangs, that you just want to run your fingers through hanging down over his nose. He's just adorable.
He looks down at you.. You realize you've been staring. You shake your head, trying to get your head out of this mode. He smiles at you and you smile back. Man, there's no way you can stop your thoughts now.

"Uhmm, (Y/N) I wanted to ask you something.." Keith says, still looking at you.
"What is it?" You ask, wondering.
He looks down at the floor.
"Well.. I was wondering if maybe I could braid your hair?"
You look at him, surprised. He's slightly blushing.

"Remember how you told me your brother and sister did that sometimes too, you know.. braid your hair? You seemed very fond of that memory. So I was thinking.. maybe you'd like that.. I know it's not the same but.."
He talks quietly.
"Of course you can. That would make me super happy. It means a lot to me that you.. remembered that."
You say, fascinated by the fact that he remembered. You told him about that maybe.. two months ago? On one evening, like many others, yet he still remembered.

You see him smile shyly and tell him
"I can just.. sit down right here and you can sit behind me.. we can still watch the stars that way. But wait, we need something to tie my hair. Ah I got it!" You wave your wolf towards you and ask
"Could you get me those bands we took from the kitchen back in the last ship?" He teleports and drops them into your hand.
You look up at Keith, he steps behind you "Alright.. let's do this." He tells you and you both sit down.

You feel him carefully taking your hair and splitting it in different strands.
"So.. should I just do.. one braid? Or do you want two? Or something else?" You laugh.
"I'll just go with one, that's what my brother and sister managed to do back then."
"Ok then, I can't promise you it'll turn out great but I'll try." He says.

"Don't worry about it. It's more about the experience than what it'll look like at least to me. Have you.. ever braided hair before?" You ask him your gaze fixed on the stars..
You honestly wouldn't have expected he was able to do that, to braid hair. You yourself aren't even able to do it, you never learned it, your brother and sister knew how it worked but since they never asked for you to do their hair you never thought about learning it.

"No I haven't.." Keith says
"Then.. how did you learn to do it? Or are you just figuring it out right now?" That would be kind of weird, to ask someone to braid their hair even though you don't know how to do it.. but it still would be really cute.
He laughs "No I.. Someone showed me how to do it before. Actually.. just before we left. We met Ezor and she knows about that stuff.. And she kinda taught me."
You still look at the stars, trying not to move your head as best as you can.
Wait.. so he asked her how to do it.. just for you? Just because he wanted to braid your hair.. gosh, that's really sweet. And adorable. You smile.

"Did you.. did you ask her just because you wanted to braid my hair?" You ask carefully, you don't want him to feel embarrassed but you just have to know..
"Uhm... yeah. I thought.. it would make you happy. And you've made me happy many times before so I wanted to give something back to you."
You feel yourself blushing hard. Good thing he can't see your face right now, a big smile forms on your face.
"That's.. very kind of you. It means a lot to me really, I'm.. super happy right now."
You look back up at the stars. Feeling your hair getting pulled in different directions gently.

Keith's wolf passes by you, looking like he's a little confused about what's going on. You ask
"What, do you want me to braid your fur too? I'm afraid it's too thick and short to do that.." You hear Keith laugh quietly and pet his wolf a little, still looking at the stars.

After a while you hear Keith say
"Ok, I'm done.. And it went surprisingly well, for my first try at least." You feel his hands lift from your hair and slowly pull the braid over your shoulder to look at it. It's beautiful. You don't remember what the braids your siblings used to make for you looked like exactly but this braid.. it is at least as well made as they were.. not that you know a lot about what a braid should look like. The main thing is.. Keith took the time to learn how to braid hair just to make you happy. You smile looking at it "Wow! This is amazing! And I believe it's even more well done than what my siblings used to do but I have to admit I don't remember exactly."

You turn and look at Keith. He still sits behind you and seems amazed as you look at him. He just stares at you. "Thank you so much." You tell him, seeing him smile and break out of his stare. He looks back into your eyes
"You look.. really beautiful. I mean you always do but.. the braid.. it looks really good on you. And... you look so happy. Which is.. really adorable, I always love that, seeing you so happy."