Chapter 11

anndd another month passes

Throughout this month you progress a lot in training, you've developed a tactic that includes Keith and you teleporting with both wolves, working as a team of four together.
Additionally your swordfighting skills have improved a lot. One of your favourite things to do is using your wind magic to hold the sword, instead of holding it yourself. You're almost able to completely control it fighting for you without being there in the fight yourself, Acxa and Keith both told you that they've only seen magicians do something like that, using their magic to control weapons or shoot things and that it can be very powerful.

Now it's an evening in Keith's room once again.
You close the book you brought about Skydiras. "So the wolves seem to have a special connection to anyone who they become friends with.. leading them to do things that they originally might not be able to do, that's basically what that passage was saying right?" Keith asks you.
"Yeah that's what I've gotten out of it too, that's.. the 12th passage we've found that could help us with our situation.."
The book is written in your former language, meaning Keith can't read what's in there but you try to translate whatever seems important and Keith often has a few ideas about what the passages could mean.

"Ok, I think that's enough for today." He says and you put the book underneath your bed.
Suddenly your wolves both teleport next to you and you get surprised, your hand moving to the side, hitting something. You quickly see the framed picture of Keith's mom falling to the floor and catch it before it could break. "Phew.. Sometimes you guys really do surprise me.." You tell them, putting the framed picture back.

You start petting the black wolf and Keith starts petting the white wolf telling you "Good thing you catched that, your reflexes are really good."
"Must be because of all the training." You say to him.
Still petting your wolf he tells both wolves "You guys could try to teleport out of nowhere.. less close to us maybe, at least when we're not in battle, okay?" He smiles and both wolves look at each other.
"But it's kinda amazing how exactly you can sense where we are when not seeing us so.. That's a good thing as well, that technique is really useful in battle, but yeah it would be great if you didn't use it to scare us" You tell them, continuing to pet them.

Then they both start playing with each other again, teleporting away.
"And there they go again.." Keith laughs.
"Sometimes.. Sometimes I can almost hear the thoughts of my wolf. At least that's what I think, do you experience that too?" You ask Keith.
"Yeah, it's the same for me. It happened for the first time where I met my wolf.. That's how I figured he'd be okay with staying at my side."
You nod. You're both sitting on the floor in front of Keith's bed, side by side.
"That reminds me.." Keith looks at the photo of him and his mom.

"I've never told you a lot about my past. Other then what I experienced with Voltron. I haven't told you about my parents, all you know is that my mom is a Galra leader now. You've told me about what your childhood was like right when we both met, and I still haven't told you, I think it's time to do that.. If you're not too tired." He looks at you wondering.

"No, I'm not, please tell me.. I've kinda been wanting to know all this time but I wanted you to tell me by yourself and not force you to it. I know who you are right now but knowing someone's past always gives you a better understanding of who they've become, of what they've experienced."
Keith nods. "Ok then.."