Chapter 14

It's the end of the current mission Keith and you are on, in a few days you'll most likely be transferred to another spaceship, maybe Acxa won't be there anymore. But no matter where Keith will go you want to go with him as long as it's fine with him.

Today the Galra ship has landed on a beautiful flower planet, Keith tells you the only planets he's seen as beautiful as this one was Alteya and the place where he went to with his mom. The place he told you about two weeks ago. You both start looking around the place.

Exploring how a planet works, how each planet can be so different but also so similar has become one of your favourite activities by now. After a while you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Keith infront of you, he looks down to his hand. You look down as well and see him holding flowers.

He gives them to you and you look at his face, he looks kinda scared but smiles shyly. You say "Thank you.. they're really pretty.." then carefully and quietly you add "..just like you." You look at the floor embarrassment befalls you.
Then he slowly asks "You think im pretty?" you nod and look up at his face. He's blushing just like you. "You're very pretty too." Keith tells you and for a few seconds you both just smile at each other.

Suddenly the wolves run and crash into you, making both of you fall down. You sit up next to each other laughing a little nervously. Slowly you look at the beautiful sunset, it reminds you of the first time you saw each other. You both then lean against a tree to look at the mesmerizing sky.

You kind of want to lean your head on his shoulder.. but would that be weird? You remember that Keith just told you you were pretty when you told him he is pretty to you.. so that means.. he likes you? Ah, just do it, you tell yourself.
You lean your head on his shoulder and then you feel him leaning his head against yours. Phew. This.. this is amazingly comfortable.. For a while you both just sit there enjoying each other's presence.

Then Keith says "You know.. I've been thinking about something. I told you I really want you to meet the other paladdins. And we all usually want to meet up together every year to talk about new things that happened. Sometimes I even visit them on my own too. With the method that Acxa got to see you, they all will probably be able to see you as well.."
You tell him "Yeah, I think so too.. I can't imagine how that would feel, to be seen by all the paladdins.."

Keith laughs softly "Will you fangirl all over them just like you did with Acxa when she got to see you?" You laugh as well "Probably. I just can't help it.. They all did amazing things."
Then you add "Just like you Keith.. Especially for me. Thank you so much for all of that.. for being who you are. For looking out for others. For spending your time with me."

Suddenly Keith gets a message from the ship, they want him to come back.
"Looks like we gotta go.." You tell Keith and lift your head from his shoulder even though it was.. so enjoyable. You both stand up but as you start to walk away you hear Keith say "Wait..." As you turn around to face him he takes your hand and pulls you into a hug.
You're overwhelmed. From being shocked you realize that Keith is currently.. Hugging you. You never saw him hug anyone.. except for the wolves. And you don't think Keith would be the person to just.. hug people out of nowhere. Yet, he still is hugging you now.. You get really happy and smile. This means.. You're important to him. Maybe even as important as he is to you.

You decide to stop overthinking the situation and just enjoy this. You put your arms around Keith. Enjoying his presence. You've been holding hands, training together and even just now you put your head on Keiths shoulder. But hugging like this, it's different. You really forgot how.. connecting it is for two people.
You feel Keith carefully brushing through your hair with one his hands, while you both still hold each other tightly. You kinda just want to stay like this.. for a really long time.

But after some time you both slowly pull away a little, he still holds you and you have your hands on his shoulders. Looking deep into each others eyes Keith tells you "I want the best for you. I promise you I'll do everything I can to find out what exactly happened to the Skydiras and that we'll find a way to get everyone to see you."

Wow. "Thank you. That means so much to me." Is all you can manage to say while you carefully run one of your hands through his fluffy bangs. He looks at your hand surprised but then smiles softly at you. You feel yourself blushing and lean your head against his chest, looking at the sunset. If only time could stop right now and we could just.. stay here for a while.. you think.
Keith just told you he'd help you as best as he can.. you want to do the same for him
"I'll help the Blade of Marmora in every way I can. I'm so glad to be on this journey with you, Keith."
You tell him.

Then Keith gets a message from the ship again asking if he's on his way.
"Looks like.. we'll really have to get back now." Keith tells you as you both pull out of your hug..
"Ok, let's go!" You say to Keith as you both smile at each other.
You head back to the ship.. Thinking all of this was.. so nice. You wonder how Keith.. exactly thinks of you. Other than that you also can't wait for all the things ahead of you, the new missions you'll go on, the new experiences you'll make and the new people you'll meet.

When you arrive back Keith tells everyone about the progression of the mission. After his talk he smiles at you from the other side of the room where he currently is at and you smile back at him.. Still thinking of all that happened today.

Suddenly you realize Acxa, having seen you and Keith smile at each other she's giving you a "hint hint" look, which makes you blush. Keith looks from you to Acxa as well who gives him the same look and he just looks at the floor nervously. Then people come up to him to talk about the mission and you leave with both wolves, wondering how exactly Keith feels about you.. if it's the same you feel about him.