7. Jade Thirlwall ft. Perrie Edwards

"Hey, let's go to the fair

"Hey, let's go to the fair." Your best friend says to you after seeing on social media that the travelling fair was in your city this week.

"Do we have to you?" You sighed reluctantly.

"Yes, we do actually. You've not been out since you broke up with that douche three weeks ago. You need to stop moping about and get on with your life."

"Excuse me. I'm pretty content with my life right now, thank you very much."

"You're content with staying inside twenty four seven, hiding away from all social interactions and drowning your sorrows in at least one bottle of wine every night? Come on Y/N, we both know that's a lie."

You sigh reluctantly once more. "Fine, we will go. Only to show you that I'm actually fine with stepping out of the front door every once in a while.

**
The fair was busy, full of over excited children and teenagers, queuing for rides. Your senses had been attacked from every direction. The flashing lights, the music, the smell of doughnuts. The atmosphere was pretty euphoric.

Maybe we should do the rides before the food, so we don't throw up." Your best friend chuckles.

"Rides??" You gulp. "You didn't say anything about the rides!"

"What did you think we came to the fair for?! A walk?? Wait- are you scared?" Your best friend starts to tease.

"Pfft. No, course not." You lied. You were terrified to be precise. You weren't good with speed or height, so rides we're definitely up there with some of your biggest fears.

Queuing up for the waltzers, your nerves suddenly left you when your eyes met a brunette beauty. She looked perfect, wearing a red two piece outfit. Her dark brown eyes looked like pools of chocolate when she gazed right at you. She was with someone around the same age, a pretty girl with shoulder length blonde hair. The brunette nudges her and then subtly points towards you and your best friend in the queue. They both glance over and the brunette smiles at you fondly and your heart starts to beat faster.

Your best friend digs her elbow in your side. "Smile back then!"

And that's when you grinned nervously.

"That brunette girl likes what she sees! She's gorgeous, don't let her get away. Go and talk to her!"

You were about to refuse when the girls started to walk towards you. Your mouth became dry and your palms developed pools of sweat.

"Hi." The brunette spoke softly.

"H-hey." You stutter before kicking yourself at being so nervous.

"I'm Jade and this is Perrie, my best friend."

What a pretty name.

"Hey Jade. Hi Perrie. I'm Y/N and this is my best friend Y/BFF."

"Great name. We were wondering if maybe we could share a waltzer with you. Pez gets worried she's gonna fall out when there's just two." Her chuckle was music to your ears.

"Yeah, that's absolutely fine." Your best friend speaks up so you don't make a fool of yourself once again, buying you a little more time to compose yourself. "Y/N is a bit of a wimp when it comes to rides too!"

"I'm not! I don't know where you get that from but I'm perfectly fine."

"I get it from your pale face and shaking hands." The three of them giggle as you try to hide your hands .

"Awwh, don't worry. I'll look after you." The beauty smiled as she tucked a couple of strands of hair behind her ear.

And Jade did just that. Holding your hand throughout the whole duration of the ride. Giving it a squeeze every time the ride seemed to get a little faster.

And after the ride, you decided to spend a few more hours at the fair altogether. You won Jade a teddy and fed each other candy floss. And when you turned to see Perrie and your best friend, you were shocked to see the pair of them already kissing.

"Well that was unexpected." Jade chuckled as she turned her full attention onto you once again.

"Yeah, it's like a surprise double date." You didn't think before you spoke. You didn't know whether Jade saw the evening in this way and you mentally scolded yourself. "I mean- I didn't me- I'm so-"

And then her soft lips met yours. And it was better than you could've ever imagined. It was like fireworks had been set off in the pit of your stomach. You had never felt this way before, but it felt amazing.

"And it's the best date I've ever been on." You heard her voice once again.