13. Jesy Nelson

It was around eleven at night and you were just about ready for bed. Folding back the covers, you hopped onto your mattress that you had been waiting for all day. You started to swipe through your Instagram feed when your phone started to vibrate in your hand. Jesy's beautiful face lit up the screen. 

You had always loved Jesy but you knew nothing would come of it. She was in a happy relationship, but being her best friend was enough for you, to see her nearly every day and to go on nights out and holidays with her seemed like the next best thing. You were just thankful to spend time with her. 

"Hello. Y/N speaking, how can I help?" You said playfully when you answered the call. 

"Y/N?" You heard quiet sniffles.

"Jes, what's wrong?"  You started to panic immediately. 

"Don't worry babe. It's nothing serious. It's just..." 

You waited for Jesy to start speaking again after her pause but she never did. 

"Just what Jes? You can tell me." 

"Me and Carter had a silly argument and he's gone out. He's not coming home tonight. I just feel lonely and scared. I've never been here alone in this new house overnight before. So I thought I'd just call you for a chat." You heard a couple more sniffles. 

Knowing that Jesy was scared and upset broke your heart. "What do you mean he's not coming home tonight?" 

"He booked a room at a hotel. He said that he couldn't stand the sight of me." You knew Jesy was now properly crying. She was a silent crier but you could always tell when those tears were about to spill. "I'm just in the kitchen picking up the plates he threw at me... ouch!" 

"What? What you done?" 

"Cut my finger." Jesy winced. 

"I swear to god, I'm going to kill him! Don't pick any more of it up babe. Make a drink, go to bed. I'm on my way." 

"No no, it's late. I'll be okay." 

"Jes, it's only a twenty minute drive. Go to bed and I'll let myself in with my key." 

Jesy finally agreed reluctantly before putting the phone down. It only took you less than five minutes before you were sat your car, turning on your engine. 

** 

"Jesy?" You called as you closed her door behind you. "Jes?" 

"I'm in the lounge." You heard a soft reply. 

You strolled to the lounge. Jesy was laid across the sofa with her bed duvet snuggled up to her chin. Her coffee table was pulled up against the sofa with an empty cup and an empty chocolate wrapper. When she moved her head up to look at you, her eyes were bloodshot and dried mascara was painted down her face. She started to smile enormously when she finally met eyes with you and you heart began to skip a few beats. 

"Are you alright?" You spoke softly, throwing your car keys on the coffee table as you walked slowly towards her. 

"Yeah babe. I'm sorry for making you come out." 

"You didn't. It was my choice to. I'm gonna clean up the mess and get you another cuppa." 

"Come give me one of your cuddles first Y/N? I've missed them." 

You grinned as you sat on the sofa next to her. She jumped onto your knee and swept the cover over your bodies. You were sat in silence for a good ten minutes.  Then something slipped out of your mouth that was only ever meant to stay in your mind. 

"I love you." 

"What?" Jesy questioned in shock. She raised her head until your eyes met. 

"N- nothing." You stuttered. "I need to go tidy that mess up. I won't be long." 

"No, tell me what you meant Y/N?" 

"It doesn't matter Jes. Try and get some sleep, it's late." 

You walked into the kitchen to see plates, glasses and empty bottles smashed across the tiled floor. Seeing it made your blood boil. You knew that this was all his doing. Jesy could never physically hurt anyone, not like this. Nevertheless, you started picking up his mess and put the kettle on. 

You didn't realise but Jesy must have been in the kitchen a while because when you turned around, she was sat at the breakfast bar surrounded by chocolate. Suddenly the brunette hurled a Mars bar at your head. 

"Aaahh! What was that for?" You winced. 

"Shut up, it didn't hurt, you wimp." The brunette stuck her tongue out before carrying on. "Leave his mess. He can clean it up when he comes to pick up his stuff. As for you, you need to come here and help me eat this chocolate." Jesy then giggled loudly. It was like music to your ears. 

"Jes, I can't eat anything bad for me. I'm on a fitness regime, you know this." 

"Stop complaining." 

You were sat talking for a good hour before she brought up what you had muttered to her in the lounge. 

"Did you mean it Y/N?" She spoke softly. 

"Mean what?" 

"You honestly thought I didn't hear you?" Jesy raised a brow sarcastically. 

"I don't know what you're on about." 

I could see that she was becoming frustrated. "Do you love me Y/N?" Her voice slightly raised and you couldn't deny that it was starting to do things to you. 

"Yes of course I bloody do! I've loved you for as long as I can remember. I just never told you because you seemed happy enough." 

Jesy fell silent and after a few moments, she found the courage to reply. "I love you too. Carter hated the fact that I was constantly around you. But I can't get enough of you." 

Jesy jumped down from her stool and took hold of her hands. "Put me out of my misery." She whined.

"What do you mean?" 

She waved her finger in front of your face and winked seductively. "Don't waste anymore time Y/N! Just kiss me!" 

 "Don't waste anymore time Y/N! Just kiss me!"