Chapter 14

2 moons later

"From this moment on, you will be known as Ravenclaw. Your Clan welcomes you as a full warrior."

Jaypaw yelled and cheered louder than most, since Ravenclaw was her brother. They might still not be speaking much, but he was her brother.

In the past two moons, not much had happened. Ravenclaw had excelled in his training and passed his assessment, and his apprenticeship has ended quicker than most- he had been 10 moons instead of 12, meaning the training had lasted 4 moons instead of 6.

Another thing that had happened was the apprenticeship of Blackpaw and Heatherpaw, who had recently reached six moons. Their mentors were chosen to be Thunderheart for Blackpaw, and Tawnyshade for Heatherpaw. It was perfect- two young warriors who were siblings chosen to mentor two young sibling apprentices. Both cats would learn things from each other.

Jaypaw didn't at all regret telling Sunwatcher about the prophecy and her dream. In fact, now she knew more about Darkspirit's past.

Darkspirit and Sunwatcher had another sibling. Their sister, Ivythorn, was a cunning, wicked she cat who followed her brother's orders and trusted no one but him.

All three siblings had the same amber eyes that glimmered in different ways. Sunwatcher's eyes were warm and welcoming, Darkspirit's were smart and calculating, and Ivythorn's eyes were the last thing that some cats had seen.

Just then, Jaypaw remembered something- it was the medicine cat half-moon meeting tonight! Jaypaw glanced at Ravenclaw; would she get her full name tonight too?

No, she thought. It was too early. But she knew every herb, and Sunwatcher even let her treat cats when he wasn't in camp now. However, medicine cats required a very thorough training.

"Are you ready, Jaypaw?" Sunwatcher asked. "It's time to go to the meeting."

"I'm ready!" Jaypaw's enthusiacstic mew drew the attention of Ravenclaw, who rolled his eyes but smiled in an "oh Jaypaw" sort of way.

"Someone's excited." Sunwatcher purred. "Well, let's go then." Sunwatcher nodded to Twigstar, and she nodded back, ackowledging (i think i misspelled that lmao) that they were leaving.

At the Silvertree, Jaypaw started up a conversation with Streamspirit. "Ravenclaw's a warrior now. My brother." She told her.

"That's great! Streamspirit purred. Just then, Sunwatcher spoke loud enough for all the medicine cats to hear.

"If I could have your attention, there is an announcement I would like to make."

The clearing fell quiet, and Sunwatcher turned to Jaypaw. "Jaypaw, come forward."

Jaypaw's mind raced. He really is going to make me a medicine cat! This is it!!

"Jaypaw, do you promise to serve your Clan with all of your loyalty until you join the elders or StarClan?"

"Yes", Jaypaw said breathlessly.

"Then I present you to StarClan as a full medicine cat. Jaypaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Jayflight. May StarClan light your path." Sunwatcher touched his nose to Jayflight's forehead.

"Jayflight! Jayflight! Jayflight!" the medicine cats cheered. Jayflight felt like she was glowing. Her dream as a kit had come true- she was a medicine cat now!

Streamspirit playfully bumped into her. "Congratulations!" She purred. "You deserve it." "Thanks!" Jayflight said. They layed down next to the Silvertree and closed their eyes.

Jayflight was immediately dropped into a dream. Stars glittered around her when she opened her eyes. Relief washed over her. It wasn't the Shadow Sea.

"Congratulations, young one," a familiar voice said. Jayflight turned around. It was Drizzleheart!

"Sunwatcher has taught you well." Drizzleheart said. "I will give him a visit soon." She smiled. "What a beautiful world. So cruel, but so beautiful." Jaypaw noticed Drizzleheart looking past her. A beautiful sunset of a thousand colors was painted in the sky.

Jayflight padded over to Drizzleheart and sat beside her, facing the sunset. And in that moment, Jayflight felt like she learned one of the most important lessons in her life; beautiful things....never last.