Chapter 20

lmao i love the picture above

Jayflight woke up in a dream and felt soft, light moss under her paws. 

StarClan! 

Jayflight looked up to see a brown-furred she cat with deep amber-orange eyes, with stars glittering in her fur. A StarClan cat.

Jayflight opened her mouth to ask who the she cat was, but the mysterious cat began talking instead. 

"I'm glad to see that you could make it, Jayflight." 

"Erm...thanks?" coming to StarClan in a dream wasn't exactly a choice.

The she cats amber eyes flickered like fire. "I am Briarstar." she said. "I was leader of ShadeClan before Twigstar." Briarstar smiled. "She was also my apprentice." she shook out her fur. "Well, that's enough about me. Let's get to why you came."

Briarstar! Jayflight felt honored to be speaking to Briarstar- she had died when Jayflight and Ravenclaw were only kits. Was she going to tell her what she needed to know about the Shadow Sea?

"You were right to come to StarClan. We can give you information, but I'm afraid that we don't have much." Briarstar frowned. "We have an information source, but you will have to find it yoursleves." 

"Yourselves?" Jayflight asked. "Who's going to go with me? Only Ravenclaw, Twigstar, and Sunwatcher know." 

Briarstar sighed. "The Clans will have to work together." She said. "You can't defeat this dark force with only one Clan."

Jayflight nodded. She hadn't seen it that way, since that's not exactly what the Clans taught. But her heart warmed at the thought of working with Rosepaw, Dewpaw, and Mintpaw, who were probably warriors at this point, to defeat the Shadow Sea.

"So what do we need to do?" Jayflight asked.

Briarstar repiled, "You need to go to the twolegplace. There you will find a cat with the power to bring stars to the Clans. Powerful enough to help defeat the Shadows." 

Jayflight's mind took that in. All the Clans needed to work together to find a special cat to help them. But...how could one cat make a difference against an army of vicious Shadow Sea cats? Where were they in the twolegplace? Her mind buzzed with about a million questions. 

"Um..Briarstar?" Jayflight began. "How will I know when I find this cat?"

Briarstar merely smiled. "You will know."

After a moment, her face darkened. "But beware. Some cats will choose to walk away from the stars instead of to them." Briarstar shook her head like there were bees in her brain. "I wish I could give you more information on the cats we are fighting, but StarClan does their best to stay away from them, as it's too dangerous, and they are gaining power." 

"It's alright. I understand." Jayflight responded. No matter what it takes, she thought, I'm going to help save the Clans. I'm going to find the starry cat.

This is going to work.

Briarstar cleared her throat. "There was a cryptic prophecy, but I thought it would be easier on us all just to tell you what to do. Do you want to hear it?"

"Yes, please." Jayflight responded. She always liked the pretty words in cryptic prophecies, even if they were talking about her death. She had heard a few old ones, in elders tales.

Briarstar began to speak;

"Look beyond,

to find what you seek.

What you think

is worthless and weak.

You must work together, 

follow the call.

Or all the Clans,

may perish and fall."

Jayflight felt awe course through her body. Well, we would never have figured that out, that's for sure.

"Wow." was all Jayflight could think of to say. "StarClan sure are some poets, aren't they?"

"They sure are." said Briarstar, a smile tugging the edge of her mouth. "I think it is time for you to go back. But when you do." she paused for a moment.

"Tell Twigstar I'm proud of her."

did you like this chapter? It was fun to write! especially coming up with the prophecy. its a little short tho :/ but thanks for reading!