Chapter 5 (Edited)

Jaypaw was surprised, to say the least. She'd never seen Darkspirit in person, except for that one instance when he'd briefly shown up to her in camp- but she didn't think that counted. 

Somehow, Jaypaw felt no fear for him. When he had first shown up in her head, she had been scared, but now she was sort of used to his presence. She only had one question for him. 

"Darkspirit, what in StarClan's name do you want from me?" 

"You know what I want." Darkspirit sneered. 

"No, I don't think I do."

"I already told you. I want you to train with me in the Shadow Sea. I could give you everything." he swished a claw through the gray sand. "You could rule the Clans with me. You would be such a valuable ally to me, and to all of the cats here who want vengeance for being treated so unfairly while they were alive." 

He turned his cold amber gaze on Jaypaw. "You could be the best fighter possible. Only if you join me- forget healing cats, you could be the master of destruction here. I've seen your enthusiasm, your spirit. Power in return of a recruit- seems fair, doesn't it?" He turned toward the tree line. Jaypaw could see the faint outlines of spirit cats snaking through the dead trees.

She shook her head firmly. "I'm a medicine cat, not a warrior. I don't want to train with you. And even if I was a warrior, I wouldn't ever learn from you. All you seem to want is power over the cats that left you behind when you died." She felt her lip curl. 

"You're no better than a rouge. I assume that's why you're here?" she guestured toward the dark forest, the shadow sea. "This sure isn't StarClan. What even is this place? What's it for?" she turned in a circle again. "What did you do to get yourself put here? I assume it was something bad."

"Questions I would have answered if you agreed to join me. Now get out of my sight!" Darkspirit growled, narrowing his eyes and unsheathing his claws. 

"With pleasure!" Jaypaw snarled. She was about to turn and flee when the ground shifted under her paws and the environment changed.

She reopened her eyes to see a forest, shining with stars and thick growth and smelling of sweet flowers. A tortoiseshell she cat strode up to Jaypaw. There were stars flashing and dancing in the she cats fur. A StarClan cat! Jaypaw thought. I'm at StarClan now! Finally!

"Hello Jaypaw." the StarClan cat purred. "I'm pleased to meet you." 

"Who are you?" Jaypaw asked curiously. 

The StarClan cat swished her tail and replied. "My name is Drizzleheart. I was your mentor's mentor."

"You taught Sunwatcher?" Asked Jaypaw. 

"Yes." Drizzleheart replied. "He was a good, kind apprentice. He was quiet and shy, but he paid attention and took good care of his clanmates." Drizzleheart sighed. "I do miss him. And I wish more cats were as compassionate as him." 

She flicked her tail, and Jaypaw noticed she was slightly transparent. "Anyways, Jaypaw, I wanted to tell you that you made the right choice back there." Jaypaw's ears pricked in surprise. "You saw?"

"Yes, I saw. I was wondering what was taking your mind so long to reach here, and then I saw that that rat brained scummy cat had his paws in your head. But you handled him well. You rejected unfair and cruel power with force, which is exactly what a real clan cat would do."

Satisfaction spread through Jaypaw's pelt. "Anybody would have done the same."

"You'd be surprised." Drizzleheart replied sadly. "There are many that would take power over loyalty. Take Darkspirit, for example. I'm sure you'll hear his story, but the Clans don't like to talk about him much. He took quite the toll on ShadeClan and StormClan. I am very glad that you will never head down the same path as him."