Chapter 15

Jayflight woke with a cold surprise as a thick, heavy raindrop plopped onto her fur. The beautiful sunset she had watched with Drizzleheart was long gone.

Sunwatcher and Oakfern were awake, too. "I think it's time we go home, Jayflight."

Warmth shot through Jayflight at the use of her new name. She was an official medicine cat now! She felt older, more important. It's only been one night, you know. Her brain said. She shook off the thought and said "coming!" and ran over to Sunwatcher. She couldn't wait to share with the Clan her new name.

They said goodbye to the medicine cats and departed. "You have grown so much. You were my clumsy little apprentice, now you're my clumsy little medicine cat." Jayflight purred with laughter; it was true, she was full of energy and tended to be clumsy.

"Did you get any visions?" She asked him.

The smile faded off of Sunwatcher's face. "No." he said. "Only darkness. But i thought i smelled the scent if my brother, tinged with the smell of blood."

Jayflight shuddered. Darkspirit was getting too close for her liking. "Should we tell Twigstar?" she asked. "No, I don't want any panic yet." he said. "What did you see?"

"I spoke to Drizzleheart again." she said. "she congratulated me on becoming a medicine cat and said that you mentored me well." The unusual statement that she had thought of returned to mind. "Sunwatcher, is it true that beautiful things don't last forever?"

Sunwatcher looked deep in thought after she said that. "I wouldn't think so." he said. "Look at the Clans. they have survived many things, and we are still living in beautiful forests and beside dazzling rivers."

That's a good point, Jayflight thought. Maybe I was seeing it wrong. Maybe what i was supposed to learn was..
that if you really love something, it will survive. We love our Clans, right? and they have survived through thick and thin.

"Thanks, Sunwatcher. I had that thought and wasn't sure if it was important, but now i realize something even better; we have to fight for our beatiful things." she smiled.

Sunwatcher purred. "You have become so smart, my young apprentice. Your mother will be so proud."

And my father? Jayflight thought. Will he care, or even know?

As the two medicine cats pushed through the entrance to camp, there was a noise. A cat..yelling? No, the voice of several angry cats. Jayflight pushed through the bushes to see what was causing the commotion.

"How could you do this to ShadeClan?"

"I'm ashamed of you!"

"Traitors!"

The cats in the Clan were circled around two cats. Jayflight could smell...LakeClan? what were they doing here?

Shellcloud, who had left early from the medicine cat meeting, before the others were awake, stood by the LakeClan leader. He looked slightly guilty. Sunwatcher padded up to him. "My dear friend, what is going on?"

As Jayflight padded into camp, everything got quiet. Ravenclaw padded up and stood beside her, glaring at the angry cats. "What's going on?" Jayflight whispered. "Shellcloud had a sign in his way home from the Silvertree." Ravenclaw whispered back in a nervous tone, despite his angry face. "A Jay's feather fell into a pond, causing huge ripples to flow around the pool...and they put the pieces together. We 'have no father'. A Jay's feather and Ripples. Two cats from LakeClan and ShadeClan sneaking out at night, and suddenly stopping when one gives birth to kits..." he shook his head as he trailed off. "They know. They know we're half Clan."

ndusndjsnskwmskwdjsj i hate the writing in this chapter :,)