Fly ~S.M

TW~ attempted suicide

"Look I can fly!" You said jumping off a tree stump with fairy wings your mom made. "Be careful." Your mom yelled from the pouch swing. You were 5 at the time. "I will!" You ran around the yard with not a care or thought behind those young eyes. When you're 5 you don't think about the faults of the world or the responsibilities you will encounter... you are just living in the moment. If there was anyway that you could go back and remind your 5 year old self to always be careful, maybe you wouldn't be in the position you were in right now. Maybe things wouldn't be so difficult for you if you were just weary of the things that could happen to you.

That's how you got into this situation. Finding yourself with no where to go, no family, they had left with no trace. No job, you always got mixed into the wrong group of people that didn't make you look too good when it came to employment. With a little bit of cash you checked into a hotel downtown. "Hotel Cortez." The sign read as you walked up to the front desk. Ringing the bell an elderly woman came from the back. "How may I help you?" She looked at you up and down, she seemed to not be fazed by your appearance. "Uh yeah I need a room for a couple days." The woman handed you a key "room 64."

Pushing the elevator buttons waiting to get to your floor.
1
2
3- the door opened to a half lit hallway. The light fixtures on the wall flickered as you passed the rooms counting up to 64.
62, 63, 64

Jiggling the knob the door opened sucking you into the rooms embrace. Laying what little bags you had brought with you on the bed you walked over to the window to open it as the room had a stench to it. Slouching over the window, why not? Who's really gonna miss me?
You thought. "Don't do it. It's not worth it trust me." A voice from the corner of the room came closer. A blonde that looked as if she had been crying came closer. "How did you get in here?!" She looked you over head to toe. "That's how I went. Well- it wasn't my fault. But I still don't recommend it." You were the most confused you'd ever been. Who was she? "So what are you? Dead?" The nameless woman smirked at you walking back towards the door. "I know how you feel. Follow me." What did you have to lose? You followed the blonde into the elevator down to the bar. "Can I at least get your name?" You asked. " Sally." She took a drag of her cigarette. "And you?" Sally asked. "Y/n." You replied staring into nothingness as you took another drink. The two of you talked about everything and nothing. You discussed how she died and how you could physically see her. You talked about your life about your childhood, how you ended up where you are now. But she could tell that you had things you wanted to say but didn't know how. Sally scooted her body closer to yours, "what's going on in that pretty little head of yours? Hm?" She questioned tucking strands of hair behind your ear. You didn't know how to respond. What was going on? "I... I don't really, know I'm not certain on anything."

Sally sat there admiring everything you said, every gesture you made, the way you talked with your hands. "But I know one thing." Sally puts her hands on top of yours, "what's that?" She asks "I know, that like you I had the whole world to experience and I threw it all away. Sorry that's rude. " You ran your finger around the side of the glass. "No, cause you're right. I see myself in you y/n." She took your hand again, leaning towards you "make me forget it all." You a cooed just above a whisper. Sally lifted you off the barstool hand in hand walking back to the elevator. She pushes your back against on the elevator walls leaving rough kisses and marks down your neck, "I don't wanna hurt you y/n." Looking her dead in the eye, "then don't. And you won't." The ding of the elevator opened up onto the 3rd floor. The two of you went back to your room without breaking contact. By now she was down by your collar bone switching between your lips. Sally broke contact going over to a bag on the table. "What's that?" She glanced back at you. "You said you want to forget, I know the perfect way. Lay down." You obeyed the blonde laying down on the mattress. When Sally turned her attention back to you she had a needle in hand. You failed to mention to her that you had a fear of needles as a kid and it never went away. Sally could see right through you, she sat herself right next to your frame with an arm around you. "Shh don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." She cooed. "Don't look." You turned your head away from her as you felt a little pinch in your arm. "Okay done. Soon you'll forget it all." Sally laid herself next to you wiping a tear from your cheek. "Am I gonna die?" Sally gave you a look filled of sadness. "No.. no sweetheart. I'm not gonna let you die."

Turns out Sally was right. When the drugs kicked in you couldn't remember a thing. Soon you dozed off to sleep, Sally kept an eye on you in case you tried to pull something.

~next morning~
Sally woke up to the emptiness of the bed. Panic started to set in. She had never cared so much about someone in her time dead or alive. When she saw you standing in front of that same open window she ran over shutting it. "Y/n look at me." She took you by the shoulders shaking you a little. You looked like you had been crying all night. "I know what it's like to be sad. But I know what it feels like to be dead. It's not worth it. You don't want to be stuck here."

You hadn't said a word yet. Having so much going on in your brain, but not knowing how to say it you fell into Sally's arms instead weeping. She held you against her for what felt like forever.

"You still have the world. Dont fly yet."

-word count- 1,111
~ Requests open

Remember if you are feeling this way please have some trusting to talk to. Or me I'm always here and a good listener. <3