Sweetheart~ C.G

Requested ~ l0velypaulson "y/n left years ago after Delia got married. Y/n comes back to the academy, feelings between the two arise once again."

Note- i started writing this and it wasn't until later I realized I messed up parts of the request. (It's got the main Idea so it's fine)
                                   •••

Love is the greatest happiness ever possible, within your reach. Yet if you step forward and it can be the most painful death, for the line you just crossed has snapped. It will likely hurt for the rest of your life, but you can not let that hurt destroy you. But thats exactly what she did. She let it destroy her.
———-

You sat at your desk with an envelope in hand. A lilac wax stamp, with a small white flower in the middle had sealed it shut. The letter was addressed to you, but it had no return address. You didn't need a name to tell where it was from. You had watched countless of these letters sealed in the past years.

Slowly pealing the paper away, the small letter was revealed. It read;
"come home"
in familiar handwriting. Though it wasn't the writing of the person you hoped it was, you still went. You went home.

    Now as you stand at the iron gates of Robichaux's Academy a hundred and one doubts and worries went through your head. Why do they need you? Out of all people in this world they needed you? You had walked out and promised to never return, yet they knew their way to convince you back.  It only took one person and six years later...

    "Y/N? A woman stood in the doorway of the home. You looked up and eyes were met. She still glowed. Her hair bounced off her shoulders only to lay just below. Her eyebrows furrowed with tears. Funny how she had the same expression plastered across her face, just as the one years ago. Only this time, you weren't walking out.

"What are you-" another woman, older red hair that still had its frizz, budded in "I told her to." Cordelia had a look that said 'why didn't you tell me.' The blonde of course didn't look back at you, but instead walked back into the house, not wanting you to witness her so vulnerable.
————-
Flash back~
You were packing your suitcase, the wish that nobody would see you died hard. Cordelia came into your room in her wedding dress. She was getting married today and it broke you that you wouldn't be there to see it, but it made your heart shatter more seeing her with someone else, but she looked great doing it.

"what are you doing?" The blonde hadn't seen the tears streaming down your cheek until one fell onto the folded clothes in front of you.

"Sweetheart?" You ignored her. Afraid that if you opened your mouth something that you'd regret later would make it's way out. "I rather you not call me that." You could have said that you hated her or I never want to see you again, but that wouldn't hurt the woman.

You were her sweetheart and she was your love. Something that a couple would say. Yet deep down there was something between you two. But because that something never came up to air it caused many days of miscommunication and years of loss. Maybe if you said something things couldn't have been so complicated.
——————

Myrtle had welcomed you back in the coven explaining that they needed more teachers and you were the first thought that came to mind.

While you and the older woman were catching up, nobody had heard a word from Cordelia. She was sitting in her office blankly staring at her computer. All these years worth of building walls around herself had gone to waste. You seemed to be the only one who she felt she could drop everything and not have a care in the world.

Cordelia had divorced Hank a few months after you left when she found out who he really was. It never crossed her mind to call or reach out to you. Probably because she thought you could stand to be around her anymore. Which is simply not true. You both had to resist the urge to jump into the others arms and confess all of your wrongs and let downs towards each other.

A small knock made present on her office door. Cordelia let in a gentle 'come in' just seconds before now, where you were standing in front of her. What were you supposed to say? Was it too late to apologize? You noticed the light in her eyes hadn't stopped shining. Making you remember how it was still there even before she became supreme and you two were just kids now realizing what love really was.

But things were different now and the air had a thick tension surrounding the space between you both. You'd been standing there staring at the woman for far to long. You began to open your mouth to say anything that came to mind even if you didn't know were it was going. "I- uh—" You watched as Cordelia stood up walking over to you. You wanted to finish your sentence but it was no use. The blonde had already had your cheeks cupped in her hands and your lips pressed together.

You returned the gesture by putting your hands on the back of her neck, making the contact of your bodies closer then before. Cordelia's hands lifted themselves off your face and soon her lips were out of contact with yours. She brushed strains of hair from your face. She didn't say a word. The woman just stood there admiring every detail she had missed over the years.

"Hi sweetheart." She whispered.

—————

The "sweetheart" connection was cute in my head and now its like ....okay