Is it Working?~ A. MR

You and Ally had been together for about 2 and half years.
You met before she became the senator of Michigan. She had hired you to work at the Butchery On Main as a waitress. The woman had become quite fond of you fast. Ally would find anyway to slightly graze your hand as she walked by or seductively whisper an order in your ear. You caught on to her actions quickly, so you made the first move by asking her out. Of course she was taken back by the question, she was unsure if you'd even be interested in a woman like her. About a year of dating she asked you if you would move in with her. Which ended in a definite yes. And thank god you did.

Before acquiring the senator position, she had ran the restaurant as the owner with normal hours and no work overload. Ally would come home without a look of exhaustion or puffy eyes. All of that changed when she was voted in. You would constantly wake up to an empty bed side in the middle of the night only to find Ally in the kitchen on her laptop or in her office doing paperwork. She always said she was fine and for you to go back to sleep. That's how she was, she always put you ahead of her which was sweet at first but this was becoming a routine and was getting too far. You never saw her a lot during the day you'd wake up see her at breakfast, go to work, see her at dinner, then she'd go back to her office and work some more. You still peeped into her work space to ask how she was doing or say goodnight. You figured that this was only a phase and this sleeping pattern would eventually catch up to Ally forcing her to fall asleep in your arms like all the times before, but it didn't. You felt like your other half was drifting away.

It was late at night on a Friday. Oz was in bed, Ally was working downstairs as usual, and you were in bed reading a book. You were about to go to turn off the bedside lamp, when a gentle knock came about. The door slowly creaked open. "Are you asleep?" Ally walked in asking. "Nope." You opened up your arms non verbally asking for a hug, she looked like she needed one. Ally submitted herself onto your chest with your arms wrapped around her frame. "I miss you." She mumbled. Holding her tighter you closed your eyes. "Me too."

You were just about to drift off as Ally pulled away from you, covering you up with a blanket walking back towards the bedroom door to do more work. "Don't leave." You whispered. Ally turned around facing you, "I don't need to go to bed I'm not tired. I'll be fine." She gave a subtle smile. You could see right through her, she was tired and no she wasn't gonna be fine. "But darling, I'm so lonely without you. Come curl up right here so I can feel whole again." You whined while patting a spot right next to you. Ally walked back towards the bed, "O-oh. Are you trying to seduce me into healthier sleeping patterns?" She gave a slight smirk cuddled up with her head buried into your neck closing her eyes from countless days exhaustion. "Is it working?" A small snore brought your attention to her. Who knew the most annoying sound could bring you so much peace. You smiled to yourself coving you both up in a shared blanket as you turned off the light on your nightstand. You kissed the top of her head, "I guess it is."

-hi guys 👋this is rlly short but I have an idea that will probably result in a longer chapter. (Just have to figure out which character)