Close to Her Heart ~W.V

Requested - sillyshygirl23 

       Mina giving reader all the     attention and love possible ( fluffy)

TW- slight rude comments

                                •••

     Days in the outpost were always dark and upsetting. The only light in  life since the destruction of the world was a couple candles in each room, physically and metaphorically.

    Except for you that is. You found a light. A sun on a cloudy day. A rainbow after a storm. A Wilhemina Venable that is. The others saw her as a woman who liked control and power over the weak and vulnerable. A woman who enjoyed the struggle of others, but not you. Even if the world had ended you still managed to fall right into cupid's arms.

    It wasnt until one night Ms Venable came knocking on your door slowly opening up to you. Asking you to do things for her that she could trust very very few people with.  It started with little things like conversations at night when the either of you couldn't sleep, or you'd offer the woman a back massage. You were her extra hand.

    This behavior of hers soon began building up to a hand on your thigh under the dinner table and exchanging glances every so often. You started staying in her room most nights out of the week. At this point Mina was proud to say she did have feelings for you and of course you had been reciprocating those towards her for a while.

    You and Wilhemina have been together for 3 months now and you can say that you dont regret a thing. She protects you from every threat and you are the only thing in her life that matters.

    Yet, despite all the great things, people tend to forget there is always a downside. It is now you lay in your bed, not Mina's, but alone in your bedroom with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes with the crude words from the others replaying in your head.

You're just trying to suck up, so you'll be saved.  How can you even turn your back to that woman? She'll drop you soon enough, just wait. You're just her pet.

    You cover your ears sinking lower into the blankets that lay overtop of the bed and your fragile frame. You couldn't go down to dinner tonight. There was no chance you could be watched walking downstairs with comments under everyone's breath. It didnt matter how much you loved the look on your Mina's face when you appeared, you couldn't bring yourself to it.

    Meanwhile at the table, Wilheminas  cane clicks as everyone's attention is drawn to the woman. She scans the table noticing the seat next to hers is empty. Shes just late.

    The meal was half over and you still hadn't come down, Ms Venable excused herself from the table early making her way up to check on you.
She reached your bedroom hearing sniffling on the other side of the threshold.

    "Y/N?" The red head whispered knocking lightly. She didn't wait for a response before opening the door to peak her head through the door frame slowly inching herself into the room. "Little one?" Mina reaches the bed placing a hand gently on your shoulder. She has never been so delicate with anyone in her life or at all in fact.

    You tug your shoulder away from her grip only to scoot yourself further away from your girlfriend though that's the opposite of what you want right now. You want her to hold you tight and tell you that nothing of what the others tell you is true, but you can only believe it.

    This sudden movement did not stop Wilhemina from sitting next to you in the space you've left on mattress and bringing your frame close to hers with an arm wrapped around you. This time you did not protest. "Tell me what took my little sunshine away."

    With a shake of your head, not ready to ruin this moment you nuzzle your face closer into her chest. "What can I do for you?" Mina asks bringing the other arm around your waist. "Just hold me." There was a brief silence as you close your eyes taking in the older woman's scent. "Of course little one. Close to my heart." She plants a kiss on the top of your head as you doze off into a light sleep.

    When you wake up it's the middle of the night and you are presented with a sleeping Mina that begins to stir sensing that you are awake. "Watching me sleep now hm?" She let's out a quiet chuckle before kissing your forehead softly.

    "Are you okay to tell me what happened?" The fact that its past midnight and Wilhemina still cares party convinces you thys what the others think is complete bullshit. You eventually tell her though and there is no doubt that she will plot an individual revenge for each of them, all for hurting her little one.

    "Dont worry love, it will be taken care of. I'm proud of you." The red head paints a small smile on her cheeks. "For what?" You ask slightly confused. "I'm proud of you for everything. For telling me, for being who you are no matter what those imbeciles think. I love you y/n."

----------

A/N- told myself not to sleep until I finished this. Wouldn't recommend this prolly sucks. K bye....