Words Unsaid~C.G

"I dont know what you want me to do Y/N!" The blonde you had been in love with for three years screamed. The coven was filled by eachothers tears and loud words that had been exchanged for the past hour. Not even closed doors could silence it. I guess it was a blessing the girls weren't home at the time.

You sat in one of the chairs in front of Cordelias desk as she cowerd over you standing next to the seat. With every yell came a flinch. You knew she wouldn't hurt you physically, but maybe with words she would claim to not mean later in her lengthy apology.

You had knocked on her office door just an hour before. Lately Cordelia had been working nonstop she wouldn't give her self a break. Yes, she always did this she was a woman of determination and you admired that about her. But when she started to pull multiple all-nighters in a row or finding her asleep at her desk with a pen still in her hand or her computer still on, it was worrying you.

You only came to ask her if she was alright or if she would like to accompany you in the greenhouse where she always seemed to unwind. "No sorry honey, just a couple more hours then I'll join you." It was always a couple more hours. She never took her own health into consideration. She liked to put others first which was sweet then, but not anymore.

"You need time for yourself Cordelia. Come on." You put a hand on her wrist tugging at it slightly. "No said I cant." She batted your hand away like a fly. You could see the exhaustion in and under her eyes. Instead you sat in the chair in front of her watching her fingers type on the keyboard of the screen that laid before her. Cordelia glanced at you noticing that you'd been staring at her for some time. "What?!"

She was getting angry, her tone was started to boil with aggression. "You are over working yourself. It's not good for y-" she stood up running her hands through her hair and rubbing her eyes. "I dont know what you want me to do Y/N!"

She interrupted you with more frustration. "I am trying to help girls like you!" Cordelia didnt mean witches, she was talking about girls with a past like you. The way she referred to it made you feel like a burden, unwanted. Troubled even. That's what sent you over the edge. Girls like you. You got out of the chair storming out of her office and into your shared bedroom with tears falling not so gracefully down your cheeks.

Cordelia followed not too long after. She saw you pulling out a suitcase and throwing clothes in it. Was it a dramatic move? Yes, but you were tired of being pushed to the side amongst other things. "Y/N, no please." She tugged at your shoulder. You batted her away repaying for her same action not to long ago. "Dont go, we can work this out." Oh now you do. "I've tried that with you." You packed the rest of your suitcase, dragging it downstairs. Cordelia still trailed behind.

You stopped at the front door with your hand on the knob. "Take a break for me. Will you?" And that was it, you got in your car and left Cordelia on the front porch watching you drive away. You texted Zoe and told her you were staying at a hotel for a little while, and not to raise any extra worry.
--------

The first night you didnt get much sleep. Your phone was buzzing every five minutes with countless calls from Cordelia and texts from the girls telling you that Cordelia was a mess. Of course you felt horrible for leaving her like that, but its not like you wont be returning or you didnt love her any less. In fact it made you love the blonde more.

Even in your shared troubles and rough patches, she still worried about you, she still cared about your wellbeing. Cordelia just wanted you near her again.

A knock on your hotel room door brought you out of your head. You looked through the peep hole and saw a man who had a florist company logo on his hat. "Hello?" You opened up the door. "Y/N Y/L/N?" He looked at a card that appeared to be addressed to you. "Yes." He handed you a boquette of
Purple Hyacinths. It was obvious who they were from. And with no card attached it was very clear.

Cordelia had given you a book a couple years back, called "Words Unsaid, the language of Flowers." You two would spend hours memorizing each meaning in the book, now it finally paid off. Purple hyacinths are a symbol of forgiveness. You set the flowers on the bedside table staring at them while reflecting on the past hours you were with Cordelia.

You picked up your phone, hitting Cordelias contact:

-thank you for the flowers.

It took her no time to respond as she waited all afternoon for your words.

- you're welcome love. <3

And that was it for the rest of the night. After your exchange of more loving words rather then hateful, your phone stopped ringing. They knew you were okay.
---------

It's been two nights without falling asleep next to Delia. You didnt relize how much you needed her presence. But gave you both the chance to heal and reflect on everything that was said, past and present. You couldn't leave the hotel until tonight given its the hotel policy that you can leave when your amount of nights booked is over. You had to wait until 5 pm.

It was four thirty now which gave you half an hour. You located the same florist Cordelia used. Walking into the small shop a wave of spring air washed over you as a small bell above the door rang. An elderly woman welcomed you in

As you walked through the store you grazed your hand upon every flower you knew the meaning to.
Purity, Tranquility, Honesty, Royalty.

You stumbled across the plant you were in search for. You brought them up to the lady and paid. It was barely five, so you were free to go back to your Delia. You drove as fast as you could back to the hotel to check out making it to the Coven right at five thirty.

This was your home so there was no need to knock. The academy seemed empty but that was before everyone's voice could be heard from upstairs. You snook up the winding staircase with the flowers behind your back.

"Why isnt she home?" Cordelia cried. Oh how you hated being the reason for her distress. Zoe's attempts at calming her were no use. "She will it's okay." Cordelia then carried on about what if you hated her.

You creaked office door open slightly just enough to peak your head in. "Now how could I hate you?" The older witches eyes lit up making all of her hurt vanish. She pulled you against her chest holding you tight. "Please dont ever do that again." She finally let you go after what seemed like forever.

You pulled the boquette of flowers from behind your back and handing them to the blonde.

Red Roses- Unconditional love.

--------------