Experiences

TW: Description of pain/injury

A/N: We'll see how this goes. Also, the premise behind this story is a bit cheesy in my opinion, but whatever.

 "Please! Please just leave me alone!" Ranboo cried while slowly backing into the corner, his back now pressing against the metal of the lockers. But his pleas fell on empty ears, they kept getting closer, smiles ever present on their faces. "What did I do?!" No answer. The oldest boy gestured to one of the others, telling them to do something. The hybrid watched in horror as the third boy came back, now holding a bucket. A bucket filled with water.

"Hold him." The words sent shivers down his spine. And, like anyone would, Ranboo bolted. Or, rather, tried to. Strong arms grabbed his limbs, holding him back, holding him still. The boy watched, helpless with an increasing feeling of dread as the liquid got closer and closer to him. They held it over his head, leering as they slowly tipped it over.

At first, he didn't feel anything. He just stood there, soaking wet and shivering. But then he felt it. It was something he had experienced several times in the short life he had lived so far. Most of the time it was some kind of accident. A tipped glass, the splash of a puddle. But of course, there were instances where it was done on purpose. This now being one of them.

The pain came slowly. At first it was simply uncomfortable, but gradually, it got worse. He didn't feel cold anymore. No, he felt like he was on fire. A scream left his lips, long and piercing. Blotchy red spots started to appear on his skin, his wet clothes feeling like blow torches on his already burning body. He was on the floor now, desperately clawing at his arms, trying in vain to get the water off.

"Freak," one of the boys stated, before gesturing to his friends to leave. The word echoed in his head. Was he a freak? He had been called it before, along with "Monster" or "Abomination". Everyone seemed to think it, so didn't that mean it was true? If, by definition a "freak" was something with abnormal traits and looks, he definitely qualified. Scoffing despite the pain, he slowly made his way to the bathroom, wincing every step of the way.

Luckily, it wasn't very far, maybe ten meters. Once he got there, he stopped in front of the sink, afraid to look at his reflection. Just do it. Hesitantly, he glanced up, taking in his appearance. The burns weren't terrible, they would probably heal within a week or two. That at least was fixable. What wasn't fixable, however, was the weird coloration that had been his defining feature for his entire life. Ranboo scanned his face, his gaze scrutinizing the weird line that split it down the middle. One side white, one black. Small trails of scars being the only evidence of past tears. Tearing his eyes away from the mirror, he turned and grabbed several paper towels and set to work.

The first order of business was obviously to get water out of his clothes, or at least as much as he could. Luckily, he had brought a change of clothes in case something like this happened. Moving into one of the stalls, he dressed quickly, drying himself off as he went. After that was done, he ran a towel through his hair, semi-effectively getting the liquid out. Good enough. Glancing in the mirror once more, he grimaced at his appearance. Red peaked out from under his sleeves, and blisters were visible on his hands. Sighing, he turned, about to leave the bathroom.

Suddenly, a flash of crimson caught his eye. Whipping around, Ranboo watched with horrified awe as letters appeared slowly on the reflective glass. The progress was slow, and it took a couple seconds for whatever it was to finish writing. But when it did finish, it definitely wasn't what he was expecting. He was expecting something scary, like a threat, or a curse. Not the "R U OK?" that was written in shaky handwriting in what seemed to be blood.

"Um-" The hybrid started, his eyes scanning the empty room for the source. "Yeah?" The writing was erased, and more started to take its place.

"GOOD :)" What the heck?