Concerned

TW: Panic attack

A/N: This was fun to write, so I hope you enjoy (also, as always, this is completely platonic)!

 As soon as he left the space, a realization dawned on him. Ranboo didn't know where to go. He was supposed to be back at the orphanage already, and there was just no way he could sneak back in without getting caught. So, that left him with two options (well there were probably a bunch more but these are the main ones), on the one hand, he could go back, and probably have to deal with whatever consequences were in store for him. On the other, he could go back to the alleyway where he left Tubbo, Phil, Wilbur, and Tommy. Both would be very awkward, and very embarrassing. The key difference probably being he would probably get punished for the former. Why did things have to be so complicated? Grimacing, he made his way back to the very place he had left moments before.

Edging his way into the space, he waited for the inevitable moment where he would get called out. Maybe they won't? A part of him hoped. Yeah, he didn't have a very rational thought process.

"Ranboo? What are you doing back here?" Wilbur asked, his question turning everyone else's attention onto him.

"I- uhhh..." he trailed off. "Well, uh, funny story, um, you see the orphanage kinda has a- has a curfew, right? Um, and yeah it's- it's past that, so, uh, yeah." he stuttered, realizing several seconds later that he had revealed that he was an orphan. He really needed to figure out when to stop talking BEFORE he started.

"Man, we really need to introduce him to Technoblade," Tubbo stated, prompting laughter from the people all around him, leaving Ranboo standing there (even more) awkwardly, not understanding what was so hilarious.

"Um, sure?" This spurred even more chuckles, Tommy going an absurd shade of red as he tried to prevent himself from falling over. How was I supposed to respond? He would probably never get an answer.

"Well, I'll just speak for everyone here and say that you are more than welcome to leave and never come back," Tubbo declared, and Ranboo genuinely couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "Go on," the boy continued, making shooing motions towards the entrance.

"Okay?" Ranboo said unsurely, backing out slowly.

"No, Ranboo, wait!" Phil cried, realizing he didn't understand that it was a joke. Grabbing the hybrid by the wrist, pain spiked through Ranboo's body, and the boy acted on instinct. He shoved that man off, quickly moving out of reach of all the people in the space, far away from any person that might try to hold him down.

-

Wide, terrified eyes peered back at Tubbo, heavily contrasting the awkward smile that had been present only moments before. The boy was hunched over himself, clutching his wrist protectively. The position reminded him of a cornered animal, afraid for it's life, unable to tell friend from foe. Surrounded by predators, no one to protect it except itself.

"Hey, it's okay," Tubbo comforted, subtly making himself even smaller than what he already was, giving Ranboo plenty of space. The other's mimicked his movements, thankfully catching on to his goal. Though, to be completely honest he had no idea what he was doing, or why he was doing it instead of one of the adults who were literally right next to him (shhhh, Tubbo, stop becoming self aware, it's for the plot). "We won't- we won't hurt you." he wasn't quite sure why he said it, it just sounded right. "Will you take- will you take some deep breaths with me?" The boy nodded, and the pair both inhaled and exhaled together. Tubbo's breathing even and calm, gently leading Ranboo's shaky and unsure gulps.

It took a couple minutes, constant reassurances, and patience, but eventually, the boy calmed down. He didn't explain why, and they didn't ask him to. They just led him over to the pile of blankets/bed, and allowed him to sleep.

-

Ranboo awoke to the sound of teeth chattering. Turning over, the boy's eyes widened at the sight. Wilbur, Tommy, and Phil were all asleep, the trio laying on the pavement with various limbs overlapping, undisturbed by the bitter cold that now bit at his exposed limbs Unlike them, however, Tubbo still lay awake, arms wrapped around himself as his shoulders shook violently, his teeth banging together at high speeds.

"Hey!" he whisper yelled, trying to gain the boy's attention. Tubbo turned, his eyes widening as Ranboo gestured to him. Making the connection, the boy settled down next to him. Letting go of all pride in exchange for comfort, Tubbo snuggled into his side, smiling with satisfaction at the warmth that came with it. And that was how they fell asleep, nestled together, cloaked in blankets to combat the frigid temperatures. Both glad for each other's presence, neither wanting to think about the repercussions that would be Tommy's teasing when they woke up. They would just have to get up earlier than him. That was possible, right?

Have a wonderful day/night, and never be afraid to leave a comment or DM me!