Family Figures

TW: Swearing

A/N: I'm alive (2x), and definitely not addicted to sugar

 Tommy woke up slowly, his eyes squinting in the light that filtered through the tarp. What time is it? Shaking his head slightly, the boy sat up, his limbs aching slightly from the time spent on the cold concrete floor. Better than nothing, he supposed. Glancing around, Tommy had to do a double take. When had Ranboo and Tubbo moved together?

Scoffing, the boy was already taking out his phone, when it suddenly occurred to him. He hadn't charged it in a week. Glancing at the percentage, the boy immediately powered it down. It was at 1%. He knew it didn't really matter, it was pretty much useless anyway, but he still held onto it. A piece of home that couldn't be taken away. All of his contacts were still in it, despite 90% of them not working interdimensionally. Shitty design, if you asked him.

"G'mornin'" Will greeted groggily, snapping Tommy out of his thoughts.

"Hi, King." The man just shook his head, tossing a stray pebble at the boy. "What the fuck was that for?!"

"That's my fucking saying!"

"Did you buy a trademark for it?"

Wilbur rolled his eyes, "Of course not!"

"Then it's not yours!" Tommy responded, smirking.

"Shut up."

"Okay, King." Will smacked him.

-

Meanwhile, Ranboo watched Michael silently, his head tilted to the side fondly. Shaking Tubbo gently, he pointed quietly towards the pinkett. The toddler was curled around a blanket, his limbs tangled with fabric and hair, his thumb somehow finding its way to his mouth. Smiling gently, the pain leaned against each other, watching the sun rays spread slowly across the sidewalk, the shadows shortening as the day began.

"What do you want to eat?" Phil asked, snapping them out of their haze.

"Umm, anything is fine!" Ranboo called back, his hands fidgeting in his lap. He really wanted to give Tubbo a braid. But, how would he react? What if he got mad? Reaching out tentatively, the teen let his fingers comb through the shorter's hair, his hands expertly finding a small section near the nape of his neck, and started the braid.

-

Tubbo jumped at the contact (to which the hands withdrew), before relaxing slightly, as he recognized Ranboo's fingers brushing his neck gently as his hair got moved, presumably into a style of sorts. Keeping himself still as possible, the boy waited anxiously for the teen to finish, his hands fidgeting nervously in his lap.

Finally, Ranboo's arms dropped, and Tubbo reached back tentatively, the braid now residing in his hair feeling stubby compared to the rest, yet somehow comforting. Shooting Ranboo a grin, he glanced at the hybrid's own hair, his eyes asking a silent question. The teen nodded, turning his head so the brunet could reach it.

It was at that moment Tubbo realized he didn't know how to braid hair. Shaking off the spikes of anxiety that were settling into his stomach, the boy brought his hands up gently to Ranboo's head, his fingers shaking. He knew that he had to put it into three sections, so that was a start. Separating the hair, he paused, thinking desperately of what to do next. How had his sister done it again?

Suddenly, something hit him in the back of the head. Whipping around, Ranboo's hair fell back to its original state as the both turned, their eyes finding Will's smirking face.

"Food." The pair quickly shot up, avoiding each other's gaze awkwardly. Saved by the bell, Tubbo supposed. Each grabbing their meals, the group ate in silence, Tommy occasionally ruffling Michael's hair fondly, much to the mock offendment of the toddler. Tubbo wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing that he was starting to consider this dingy alleyway "home."

-

Phil smiled fondly at the family that they had made. The group may be strange, but it was theirs. Plus, he was called "Dadza" for a reason.

"Phiiilllll!" Snapping out of his haze, the man turned annoyedly towards Tommy, who was pulling on the sleeve of his shirt repeatedly as if that would make him react quicker.

"What?"

"Tubbo stole my jacket!" Phil shook his head, sighing. Time to be a dad. 

Tadaaaaa! Have a wonderful day/night!