Acquaintances

TW: Minor anxiety and physics explanations that may or may not be accurate (sorry)

A/N: As the TW said, there is a bit of theoretical physics in here, so hopefully I got that right. If it's not, I blame having little to no experience in that field so...

 After spending an absurd amount of time joking around, Phil finally asked the question that had been lingering on all of their minds for the past few days.

"How- how are we gonna get back?" They had all thought about it at one point or another, and it was definitely a valid concern. They didn't even know how they got into this other world in the first place, let alone how to leave.

"Well how am I supposed to know, Mr.- Mr. Philza Minecraft?" Tommy questioned, emphasizing the title. "Aren't you supposed to be the- the all knowing elder?"

"Oh, fuck off! I'm not that old!" the man shouted, clearly exasperated.

"Oh, come on, Phil. Just- just embrace it!" Wilbur joked. "We'll- we'll get you out of assisted living in no time!" Phil rolled his eyes. "Though, that is a good question. Um, I- I have no idea."

"Well- well how did you get here in the first place?" Ranboo asked hesitantly, not sure of the boundaries.

"I have no fucking idea, I mean, Tommy- Tommy and Tubbo just disappeared, ya know? And then- and then we went after them and we saw this- this uh, distorted... air? I dunno. We went near it and then all of a sudden I was at that- that uh," Wilbur paused, snapping his fingers as he tried to think of the word, "at the park! Um, yeah. We just kinda appeared."

"Oh." There was an awkward pause. "So- so you just have no idea, huh."

"Yeah." Tubbo confirmed, fiddling with Ranboo's sleeve. "Though, let me just say that the journey here just sucked, man. I got so nauseous."

"It felt like I was hacked into a million fucking pieces," Will agreed.

"True that." Tommy said, nodding.

"Well I mean- I mean you did like literally get teleported from one reality to another, so I think that- I think that's fair." Ranboo pointed out. "Man- man, you really- you really thought interdimensional travel would be easy."

"Well, Ranboo, ideally I wouldn't be participating in any interdimensional travel, but here we are," Tommy shot back.

"Fair."

"Well- well back to the original question. We- we could triangulate all of our- our spawn points to see where the approximate middle is. Because- because if this- if this, um, anomaly obeys any laws of physics, then- then we should appear around a specific point. And that is- that would be a good place to start looking for a- a portal," Tubbo offered. "Well, theoretically. I'm basing all of that stuff off of movie and video game physics." he added, kinda diminishing his own idea.

"That's- that's brilliant Tubbo!" Wilbur exclaimed, before turning to Ranboo. "Do you have a map? Or a way to get one?"

"Um, I think so? I can- I can try to print one off at the library or something."

"Th-that works! When- when would you be able to get that?"

"Um, any time that I'm not in school? And when the library is open, obviously." A huge grin spread across all of their faces, well all of them except one. No one seemed to notice the disappointed look that slid over Ranboo's features. No one saw the sadness that was etched into his eyes. Because why would there be any in the first place? It wasn't like they knew him well or anything, he had just met them. Friends? Ridiculous. Acquaintances was a better word. He was silly to think that he had formed any strong relationships with Tub- them.

Shaking the thoughts off, he quickly formed a wide, genuine smile. Because he was happy for them. He didn't need to be so freaking selfish, they had lives too. Mentally promising to himself that he would do whatever he could to get them home, he joined the conversation, cracking jokes and making small talk.

-

"Bee Boy!" Tommy called, and Tubbo quickly found himself soaked from head to toe with ice cold water. Sputtering indignantly, he scowled at the boy, who was currently laughing his ass off. Tommy had somehow found a bucket, one of those cheap plastic ones, and had probably filled it with water from a nearby stream or river.

"You're gonna fucking pay for that!" Tubbo yelled, chasing after Tommy, intent on hugging him to get as much liquid on him as possible. Neither noticed Ranboo behind them, subtly trying to get all of the water off of him before it started to burn. 

Also, we hit 500 reads! That's amazing, thank you all so much! Have a wonderful day/night!