Chapter 10: The Origins

"Can you help her remember who she is?" I asked the people inside of what appears to be a firebender temple. "A dark energy plagues her spirit," the healer told us. "Hey, I'm not the one that did this to her if that's what you're implying," I said causing the healer to laugh a little.

"No, of course not Shadow-Walker, after all, you've pushed your past away. Haven't you?" she said to me. Of course not! I know who I am, I know what I am... don't I?

"G-go on," I said finally, she motioned for me to lie down next to Korra. "So, what's the plan?" I asked while laying on a rope hammock. "We're going to lower you into spiritual waters, to jog your memories," they told me. "Oh... great," I said a feeling of unease building up inside me before they lowered me down.

After a couple of seconds, I was halfway into the glowing waters. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them, I was in a dark abyss. This was when I saw this monster staring at me as if looking at a meal.

"You smell weak and you have a guilty conscience... I can tell that you'd be a wonderful meal" the monster had told me. "W-who or what are you?" I asked the creature. "Me? I'm you, well, the darkest part of you that is," he looked ravenous like I was just food for him.

"Hey! Yeah, you, you Baraka-looking mother-!" a man shouted before kicking the creature to the ground. The dark one roared as saliva covered the man's face.

"Nice roar, next time..." he removed his sock and shoved it into the mouth of the monster. "... put a sock in it," he continued before kicking the monster's face.

"Sorry about that, he's the first Shadow, a real piece of work... I'm the second, Tenebris DiAngelo, my mother was Nyx, the titan of darkness. My father is a Ghost Rider," the second said wearing an orange shirt. When he returned to his human form he had one red eye and one blue eye.

That was when a third one fell from the sky. "Oh, hey guys, what are we all doing here?" This new guy said while pushing himself up. "Yeah, why are we all here?" the second asked before noticing the third one had returned to a human appearance and he looked very familiar.

"Tempest, do you have any idea?" Tenebris asked before I sensed the sheer power difference between the three of them. "Why would I ask if I knew?!" Tempest shouted out before shaking his head and looking to the abyss for a second. He then looked down and gave a sigh.

"No, I don't... maybe he does," Tempest said now pointing toward me. "Yeah, let's eat him!" The creature said licking his lips. "What? No, let's just kill him and be done with it," Tenebris said causing Tempest to curl his face in annoyance. "No!" He shouted causing blue and orange flames to rise beneath his feet.

"Holy-! H-how'd you do that?!" the others asked as if feeling his anger for the first time. "Just shut up and listen, this guy was here first, right?" Tempest reasoned and they soon began to understand.

"So, you must be one of our hosts," Tempest said while the others followed his gaze. "One of our... what?" the other two asked. "Oh, that's right you two don't know, well... after being reincarnated again, I was able to give others our gifts," Tempest said before creating a theater in this abyss.

"I thought you said we were stuck here?!" Tenebris said while pulling out his sword of darkness. "Hm, the original, not bad," Tempest said before pulling out a scythe and a sword half-darkness and half-light. "But, you're outclassed in every way," Tempest said before slicing his lessers in half.

"I may be the third, but I'm the prime, you two are forgotten footnotes," Tempest said as they were slowly being put back together. "Y-yes, y-you're right Tempest, we're lucky to have you as our future self," Tenebris said quietly. "Good, now... we are stuck in here, but this is still our realm, so act like it!" Tempest shouted causing the others to lower their heads.