Chapter 13: The Search

We soon arrived at a small Earth Kingdom town far away from any major cities. We strode into town with five dragons behind us.

"Hey, Maurice, you may want to shrink them down to dog-size."

Maurice gave a nod before shrinking them down. I already left him behind to search for Korra before she can leave. After questioning all of the people that would have the information we need. I went back to find Maurice who was talking to Opal, I wonder what she's doing here.

"Hey Maurice, Opal, what's going on?" I asked after ordering a coffee and sitting down

"Hey Maurice, Opal, what's going on?" I asked after ordering a coffee and sitting down. She looked away causing me to realize that this was a private conversation. "Right, I'll be over there then," I said before grabbing my order and double-checking for any leads on Korra.

When I mentioned Korra someone gave me information that I was never told. She had been wheelchair-bound for a time.

The roughest time of her life and I wasn't there for her. I couldn't be... but, if I hadn't been at Amon's first attack against bending or caused the spirits to panic like they did, perhaps Korra would have never gotten hurt this badly.

She must have spent a year in that wheelchair. The second-year she had been rehabilitated and back to fighting. It sounds like that last year or so, she just vanished.

"...And she stayed gone for the last eight years... the trauma of it all, the nearly suffocating, mercury poisoning, and brutal airbending attacks that almost broke her. It all just piled up and no one knows where she is anymore."

I couldn't help but wonder if I didn't exist would any of this have happened. I tried to have a positive head space but under all of that weight that was brought down on her, even I would crack just a little.

I walked away just before Maurice grabbed my shoulder causing me to turn slightly. "Hey, Red Alpha thinks that he spotted her running into the forest nearby. She didn't seem to want to stick around. Apparently, she was chasing a dog, but he could tell that it was a spirit."

I looked toward the dragon who only gave a nod, not wanting to speak while shrunken.

I smiled and gave the dragon a few pats and some fire flakes before heading out leaving Maurice alone with Opal for the time being. I followed the dragon's advice, coming to find a rainforest. I ran inside hoping to find her. I kind of did in a very weird way. A little way into my trek, I found a very strange mold in the mud. I looked up at a tree branch with a broken vine and guessed that she must have fallen from that height and landed in the mud knocking herself out.

There were footprints that lead away from this area though and Korra seemed to be dragged away. I decided to camp out for the night and continue my search in the morning.

The Next Morning...

I heard rumbling nearby so I went to investigate. I found Korra getting schooled by Toph, and decided that I could wait for my old friend to teach Korra a lesson. Korra readied a water attack before getting blasted away by the resting Toph.