Chapter 16: Settling Down

We got a tour of the castle, the guards were showing us around. Maurice was introducing his new wives to his family, they were very nervous to be in front of royalty, especially that of dragons.

"G-greetings your highness."

Ezor laughed in his chair as his other children laughed with him. This confused the five women who were trying their best to be polite.

"You don't need to be so formal, we're family now after all. I'm just surprised that my middle son is the first to marry," he said while glancing over to Bomris who shrunk in his seat not wanting to talk about it.

"Speaking of..."

Ikki pushed her mother in front of the crowd. Pema tried to hide while Maurice raised an eyebrow curious as to what this was about.

"Go on, tell him."

Pema cleared her throat before glancing toward Maurice.

"Y-yes, I would also like to seek to marry him and I know that it's a strange request being that two of his brides are my daughters, but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be with, especially after Tenzin."

Ezor glanced at her and nodded giving his blessings for the wedding. However, in return, he handed them six glasses. Most, if not, all of them, were disgusted by the smell of the liquid, but not wanting to bring any disrespect, drank of it.

After they finished gulping down the liquid their eyes became reptilian, just for a brief moment but it was enough to know the liquid had done its job. "Welcome to the family, may you all live long and prosper."

They bowed before heading back to their chambers leaving Maurice to pace quietly. Yet, gaining his father's attention. "My son, what troubles you?"

Maurice silently approached and knelt at his side. He was scared, terrified even, for the first time in his life. "Father, I think that I want to stay here, at least until I can be sure that my children and wives can handle any enemy that shall approach us."

This caused the God of The Dragons to have pause. Less than a decade ago, he was so fast to leave, now he wants nothing more than to stay. Ezor wrapped his arms around his son.

"Stay as long as you want."

Maurice had always thought that his father was too weak. Only now did he understand, their family was his father's only weakness. The mighty dragon that once conquered entire realms is still there.

"Thank you, dad."

The two smiled, now sure of the other one's own strength.

Meanwhile, with Y/n, Korra, and the others. They made it over to the edge of the flight cliff. Where young dragons go to learn how to fly. Y/n took Korra's hand and held her tightly before plummeting to their death. Korra screamed loudly before a loud splat was heard.

"Korra!" Mako, Bolin, and Asami called out before seeing the two coming together as the impact was slowly reversed. Once complete, they snapped their heads up finally out of the void.

"So, what did you think?"

Korra punched my arm before getting up. She jumped up and helped me up after. "It was terrifying as hell! But at least I can't die, not permanently anyway."

I took her hand and got pulled up cracking my spine and laughing it off. I hugged her before breaking apart. "I love you," I said before teleporting back on top of the cliff and jumping off again. This time creating a portal on the ground and one back on top of the cliff. I grabbed Korra on the way through the ground and we came out on top of the cliff.

"I'm starting to get used to it already... I'm not sure I like it though," I laughed knowing that feeling, it's like when I was starting out. I remembered how alone I felt during that time, but now I finally have someone that I can relate to, someone that I can no longer live without.

Four Months Later...

Tonight's the night. This night everything changes.