Chapter 14: Adjusting

I called out for Maurice to pick us up but there wasn't a dragon in sight until Sindarin crashed down still smaller than his largest form but large enough to make an impact. "Hey, where's Maurice?" I asked the massive dragon. He gave a small laugh but didn't say anything else afterward.

"Sindarin, where is he?" I asked again this time hoping for a better answer than a laugh.

"He's becoming the Emperor of the newly-formed Earth Empire, Kuvira is his empress," I gave a small chuckle, causing Korra to grow confused. "What's so funny? This sounds absolutely awful," Korra said before I decided to give her an update on what she's been missing.

"He's the King of The Dragons, but knowing him, he's just taking the title to win Kuvira's hand. Once he gets power, he'll likely give it up and Kuvira will be betrothed to him anyway," The dragon swooped down causing Korra to scream as she tried to hold on tightly. I stood up and walked over to her defying gravity until reaching her.

Once I made it over, I embraced her and caused us to drop into a free fall scaring her further. She closed her eyes and buried her head into my chest. I lifted her head up to look into my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I asked while we both fell. She saw the ground below us and swallowed all fear. "Yes!"

"Good," I embraced her tighter and opened a portal just under us bringing us to a soft impact. We landed in the apartment, specifically my bed, and bounced off and to our feet. Korra's legs were shaking from the adrenaline that was racing through her veins. She pushed away from me and threw up into the toilet.

"Not bad for your first time," I said before she put her middle finger up as she emptied her stomach. After her stomach calmed itself I brought her outside. "What are we doing out here? Isn't this Republic City?"

"Yeah, but I have a surprise for you," I brought her over to a small pen that housed an old Naga and her two puppies. They all ran over to Korra while Naga could only walk over.

"Naga! Oh my gosh, she had puppies! Come here little puppers!" She shouted before wrapping all of them in a hug. They were huge already but seemed to love Korra.

"What are their names?" Korra asked seeing the different features in them. "Their father named them actually, that one is Hati..."

"And the other is Sköll

"And the other is Sköll."

They both licked her face before turning toward the setting sun

They both licked her face before turning toward the setting sun. It gained their attention for the moment but they quickly returned their sights on Korra. I let her nerves return to her before we left for the Earth Empire. We arrived just in time for Maurice to go through the wedding ceremony to claim him as the new emperor.

"Ladies and Gentlemen here we have my best man and his date, Y/n and Avatar Korra."

I wanted to say something, but couldn't find the right words. Instead, standing there in silence before walking to his side. "What are you doing?" Korra asked, I shrugged unsure if there was anything else that I could do at this moment. The ceremony was completed and Korra seemed distant for the time.

"Everyone, I have an announcement, the Earth Empire is officially finished and the Earth Republic may now take a vote on their new leader," Maurice declared causing Kuvira to look over in surprise. "A-are you sure?"

"It's fine, I knew the whole time that this was just your way to confess your love to me," Maurice said causing the military woman to blush from the truth of his statement. She never was good at letting people know how she felt, but Maurice always had at least an idea that there was something there.

I raised a glass that was suddenly smacked out of my hand by a water tendril. I followed it back and saw a woman who was missing arms. She quickly put her frozen blade at Maurice's throat. He pretended to be scared.

"Listen, I'm going to take this fine man, with me and not a single soul better dare to even think about taking him back," Korra stepped toward her but I held her back for the moment

"Listen, I'm going to take this fine man, with me and not a single soul better dare to even think about taking him back," Korra stepped toward her but I held her back for the moment. A small smile crawled onto my face remembering that she doesn't know anything about him.

"What are you doing? He's in danger she's not exactly safe to be around."

"Just let him handle it, trust me, things will change soon."

I brought her back to my apartment to see the dogs again. Only this time there was a large black wolf standing in the middle.

"That's their father."

There each footstep caused the ground to shake

There each footstep caused the ground to shake. Tempest jumped out to greet him. I stayed where it was safe with Korra by my side. "Poor Naga..." Korra said imagining what must have happened between the two.

"What? No, no, no, he shrunk down in size when they were tying the knot. Anyway... we should head inside," Korra gave a nod, still unsure if this was a world that she fit into anymore. I placed my hand on hers while grasping a ring in my pocket.

"I'm not sure that I fit here anymore, I'm not sure if I fit anywhere..." Korra said while I was about to pull out the ring I bought just before Vaatu happened. I decided that now wasn't the right time. I needed to comfort her against the changing world. I pulled her over and had her rest her head against me.

"Korra, I felt like I didn't fit in the entire time that you were gone. If anyone doesn't fit here, it's me," I told her before kissing her on the lips causing her to blush madly. "I... w-we should go out... sometime," Korra said flustered. I reached over and brushed her hair out of her face.

"I'd like that."

Meanwhile...

"So, how was that?"

"A-amazing~"

Ming-Hua lay in her bed panting while Maurice was laying with his arms behind his head. "So, what do you say? Are you okay with sharing?" Maurice asked after giving her a night to remember. She enjoyed it but knew that she could never keep up.

"I suppose, it couldn't hurt... especially since you're the King of The Dragons... oh my, it seems you like that title a lot. Are you ready for another round?"

"Lady, you keep that up and I think that I can do this all day."