Chapter 5: Infiltration

Everyone froze after I stood up and gave a casual greeting after falling eighty feet. In little to no time at all, I was surrounded by those equalists. I moved like a bolt of lightning as I slashed them all down within seconds.

I grabbed Lin's hand and pulled her to her feet. "It looked like you could use some help," I said before men in blue uniforms arrived. 

"We'll take it from here, you six get moving," they said leaving me out of the equation. I smiled a bit as I jumped into the air and prepared myself for impact. After the teleport, I broke through a window housing more equalists.

They all turned around as I landed and got up. "Sorry, but I've been doing my research. I know where all your operations are. I'm here to stop you!" I said causing them to laugh. 

"Ha, we took your bending away remember?" one of them said before being interrupted.

"You think I'm a bender? No, I'm something much worse," I said before delivering a punch to his stomach knocking him through two buildings. 

"Holy shit! He's dead!" one of his friends screamed out.

"I know, see, I used to have a code. I did, but recently I've been thinking emotions really shouldn't be held in. Go back to your normal lives, it's not too late to keep on living," they listened so I felt more at ease. "Huh, so they can listen to reason," I said to myself before going to one of my old bases. I need some rest if I'm going to be hunting down Amon. 

I arrived just outside its door when I felt the door handle. I could tell someone turned on the heater, it was hotter than usual. I broke down the door and saw a bunch of refugees. I was met by an old man from the park not far from here. "Hey, I told you, this stays between me and you only," I told him and was about to kick everyone out. Yet, as I looked at all their faces I just couldn't. I sighed, "Fine, you can stay. All of you can. If Amon wants a war. I'll give it to him personally. I'll rain fire on his men, I'll burn everything he holds dear, if and when it comes to it!" Everyone cheered. After this, I began walking around introducing myself to everyone.

I was shocked to see Korra and the gang. "So, you're going to take him down? How? You don't have your bending remember?" She said with worry in her voice. 

"Don't worry, you may be the avatar, but I can guarantee Amon has never seen anyone like me," I said as a flame burned in my hand. "I'm not taken down so easily," I said as she stared at my hands in amazement.

"B-but how?" she asked as the others leaned in. 

"Well, it's simple, I never lost my bending. It was just an excuse so I could go after Amon. I really thought I could do it alone, but now I realize it's going to take all of us, together, to defeat Amon," I said feeling a bit of shame for lying to them for so long.

Korra seemed to be worried, not about me, but for someone else. "Y/n, did Tenzin and his family get away from here?" I gave a nod and she seemed to relax a bit. However, I should have known this peace would be short-lived.

The Next Day...

I woke up and looked outside to see Aangs statue vandalized. I marched over to Korra's room and knocked on her door. "Korra, wake up, you're gonna want to see this," I said and almost immediately heard footsteps approaching. She opened the door with her hair in a mess and tired eyes. 

"What do you want?" she asked with a yawn. I grabbed her arm and pulled her outside. 

"Look what they did to Aang! They put an equalist mask on the guy! The avatar! You! Don't you care?" I said looking into her eyes. After a second I turned and began to walk. "I guess, I'll handle this by myself," I told her with disappointment in my voice. She gave me a look of shock but then she grabbed my arm and looked me in the eye.