Chapter 7: The Truth

The rest soon came, I was inside greeting them. That was when I heard the news about Korra and her loss of bending. We waited hours as Katara tried to fix her bending, to no avail. Korra soon entered the room and shuffled her feet sadly out the door. Mako and I followed her out. I glared at him without realizing it.

"Korra, wait!" He shouted as we followed. She soon stopped only to say, "Go away!" This caused both of us to get increasingly worried. "I will, but I just want you to know, I'm here for you," he said while I felt sick to my stomach.

"No, I mean, go away, back to Republic City. Get on with your life," she said still trying to increase the distance. "What are you talking about?" I asked bringing her attention back to me. "I'm not the Avatar anymore, you don't need to do me any more favors," she responded back. "I don't care if you're the Avatar or not. When Tarrlok took you, I was losing my mind at the thought of never seeing you again, I realized..." Mako said back to her.

"I love you, Korra," Mako responded. Yet, Korra looked at me and though my face didn't show any anger, the ice under me began to melt just a little. "I- I can't," she said before walking away. "Korra!" Mako and I shouted before she hopped on Naga.

I had to follow on foot, but only after they were both out of sight. I decided now was the time to explain at least half of my powers. When I arrived, I witnessed Korra in the Avatar State. She was amazing, akin to a goddess. As she came back from the state. I decided to approach her. "Hey, Korra, I see you have your bending back," I said with a twist in my stomach and fire in my veins. She was currently on her knees. "Korra, are you alright?" She looked up in shock but for some reason when she looked up. I could tell she felt a little more at peace as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Look, Korra... I- I um..." I was cut off by Korra slamming her lips onto mine. "I love you too," she said causing me to fall through the sudden water hole. I stayed submerged underneath the water and waited for her to get worried.

Eventually, she came down into the abyss and created a bubble. "Why were you down here for so long?" she asked once able to breathe. "Well, I decided to tell you about myself, I'm a quarter angel, half-human, and quarter-demon. My flames that's Hellfire, the blue fires are Divine Flame," I decided to tell her, after all, baby steps.

Her face showed shock, but also fear. She jumped out of the bubble and up to the surface. "Why... why didn't you tell me that before I kissed you?!" Korra yelled before stomping off.

"Wow, I'm not sure how to feel about that response," I said before deciding to cut my loses and return to Republic City. Korra turned upon realizing how rude that sounded, but I had already disappeared.

Six Months Later...

"Holy crap! Help! He's injured!"