Chapter 6: Amon It's Over

I passed out again as my adrenaline rush began to lower. I went into a deep sleep. That was when I saw what I could only describe as a past life. I grabbed a brown-haired girl's arm and she looked at me. "No, not again I can't take it! You're dead!" She screamed in agony.

But I held her close as we made it to the exit. When we were just behind the door. "It's okay I'm here now it's over" I... or he said to her.

"T-Tempest?" She said causing me to stare in shock. My mentor was called Tempest, he was like me.

"No, this time it's both of us as one, this might be the last time you'll see us, dear. We are resetting the multiverse. Goodbye," he said as he looked at her. She had tears in her eyes as he pushed her out of there. He looked around once more to see fire pits and people being tortured.

"This is how I always saw Hell. Weird to know that I'm the reason it's on fire though," he said before walking out to see this woman smiling at him.

"Good job son, I'm so proud of you," she said to him. "Thanks, mom. I'm sorry I couldn't save you back then," he said just before he left holding her hand and he was young as they walked into the light. 

I woke up with a jolt and I felt exactly what he was feeling. I looked toward my hands and saw blue flames. At this moment I felt absolute peace. It felt weird knowing that I was never alone. That my mentor used to be in my position.

It took me a moment to realize what time it was though. I grabbed my clothes and moved through the shadows appearing at Tarrloks cell.

"... I later recognized it as my brother's blood-bending grip," Tarrlok told Korra and Mako who were disguised as Equalists.

'Good according to my vision' I thought to myself before leaving once again. I went to meditate on top of Aang's monument.

"What should I do?" I asked myself as I thought about future events. I was deep in thought as my thoughts turned from Korra to Asami. We share a past although somewhat more pained than I would want. I stood and roared into the open air with bombs bursting. I could feel every loss beneath me. It brought my anger bubbling to the surface. I left my spot once more to terrorize the equalists killing innocents.

I saw a mother and child running away from an equalist group. I landed between them with my sword leaving a burning hole in the ground. "I've come to deliver the vengeance that screams from your brutality," I said as I tossed my sword away and kicked the first one in the chest. Denting his armor and sending out a shockwave knocking the rest back with him.

"Thank you, metal bender," the woman said as I groaned and moved on. I tried to help as much as I could but sadly, there were just too many. I knew that I had bigger fish to fry, so I headed toward Asami's location.

Asami's POV

"Asami, what do you think you're doing? You are aiding the very people that took your mother away!" her father said causing her to retort with "You don't love mom anymore, you're too filled with hatred."

"You ungrateful, insolent child," he said before Y/n got between us.

Y/n POV

"Hey, look this is great and all but uh, 'that firebender' was me," I said and I waited for something, anything. "Hello?" I said before the giant mech controlled by Asami's father came rushing at me. "You're the one that took her away from me!" He shouted and Asami was just in shock.

"Yes, it was by my hand. I still feel the guilt every single day. Her death was an accident. But it may as well have been on purpose" I said while dodging the mech's attacks. I climbed onto the entrance and punched through the surface. "H-how? No metal bender should have been able to do that," he yelled in fear.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not a metal bender," I said as I tossed him out. "Now listen I get it, you saw a guy use fire against your wife. I'm a non-bender like you," I said and Asami got out of her mech.

"That's bullshit!" She said while in tears. "I am, but I do have fire powers and well... I'd rather not get into the rest but look, the spirit that killed your wife is the same spirit that killed my parents. I was there to kill the last one, but she couldn't see it... I killed the spirit and went back to check on her, but she was already gone," I told them and we were all in tears.

"I thought she lived alone, so I tried to remove the evidence by cremating her. That was when you walked into the house. You thought she was burned alive. Instead, her soul was sucked out of her body by a spirit," I told him and he broke down on his knees.

"I've had to live with the guilt of not being able to save her while she was right in front of me... I was only a kid," I said as I turned and walked away. "Thank you, for telling me the truth," Asami and her father had said and I gave a sad nod and continued on.

I saw Korra and Mako running from Amon. "It's okay we just have to get out of here," Mako said before being bloodbended and tossed around. "I'm impressed, nobody has ever gotten the better of me like that" he said as he began to bend him again and Korra launched a massive gust of wind knocking Amon further away.

"Did I just airbend?" She asked panting on the ground. I stepped out from Amon's shadow. "Hey assbutt!" I shouted getting Amon's attention. He tried to blood bend me but to no avail. "Next you'll say, 'That's impossible, how?" I said with a smug look. "That's impossible, how? Wait what?" Amon said in surprise.

"Sorry, but you can't bend what doesn't bleed," I said as cut my arm. Showing pure blue flames raging out of my wound. "But I saw you bleed earlier," Korra said causing me to turn around. "You really shouldn't mumble, I can't understand a word you're saying," I said before turning back toward Amon, who jumped out a window.

"I've got this," I said as I blasted him further and into the water. Washing off his paint and he began to waterbend his way out. "Another mystery solved by Y/n the Grea- okay, I'm bored carry on with your days. I'm going home," I said before jumping into the water, and just after being submerged I was in the gardens of the temple.

"Teleporting all the time gives me a headache," I said to myself. "What was that?" asked Tenzin. "Oh, nothing important... so what now," I asked.

"Korra's going to see my mother Katara at the Southern water tribe," he said and I ran inside the temple and jumped into a clear rift that I created. It took around thirty minutes to get there.

"I hate doing that," I said as Katara walked outside.

"Oh hey, I'm Y/n. Well, I got here a little too quickly it seems"