Chapter 12: After All These Years

Ten Years Later...

After three years I put myself back together and went searching for Korra yet, found out that they'd been searching for her since she fought some guy named Zaheer. I left everything here behind after hearing that.

On my travels through realities, I bumped into this guy known as Maurice King. He was the son of the God of Dragons in his world. We were introduced after I helped them during their recent war. Maurice heard about my travels and wanted to see new worlds.

We ended up back here around three years ago and have been here ever since.

"Hey, Y/n it's the morning we should get to work. We do still have rent to pay you know!" Maurice shouted banging on my door. I popped my head out from the kitchen.

"I'm over here man, I figured that we'd need some food if I'm going to protect Prince Wu on his way back to the Earth Kingdom. Besides, you're needed by the air benders."

Maurice walks over to the counter before leaning against it. Staring at my troubled self.

"Still miss her?"

"Yeah, I'm just wondering if she's okay... no one's seen her in years. How's Jinora?" I ask knowing that they'd been together for a few years now. He nearly spits out his coffee.

"O-oh, you know... we're just... Ikki recently confessed to me."

It was now my turn to nearly spit out my coffee. She's 18 and Jinora is 21.

"What did you say? Does Jinora know?" I asked trying not to choke on the coffee now.

"Yeah, Jinora knows, she said that they could both be with me," I was too stunned to speak about this. I grabbed my sweatshirt and decided that this was a discussion for later. Truth is, I'm still groggy and figured that I probably just misheard him.

I left the apartment and he followed close behind me before I locked it. "So, you're essentially dating both of my little sisters then? You're lucky that I was fine with Jinora when she told me last week."

I hoped that he would clear any confusion that I must have had on my part but instead he only confirmed my suspicions.

"Yeah, I'm sorry man, I really should have told you. I didn't exactly know that you guys were that close."

I wanted to deck him right then but decided against it. Instead, trying to let it go.

"It's fine but I'll be having a brotherly talk with those two, the next time I see them. I guess you've got a budding harem, especially since I also know you've been seeing Opal as well."

"You what?"

Not another word was said as I had already teleported away. I continued on toward the event that requires the presence of the Prince. I'm thinking that if I focus on Wu then maybe, just maybe, any hostility that I'm holding in will be released through guarding him.

"So what do you say can I show you a low-key night out with a superhuman soon-to-be king?" Wu said wiggling his eyebrows. I arrived to find the Prince flirting with Asami. I grew frustrated at the sight, knowing that Bolin and Asami are an item, plus she obviously doesn't enjoy his company.

"Prince Wu, President Raiko has some very important 'king stuff' he'd like to talk to you about," I said trying to pry him away from Asami. "Now? Ugh, fine," He said before walking away. I motioned Mako to follow close behind him. He gave the same groan before trailing behind him.

"He's a real charmer, huh?" Asami and I asked at the same time. We paused for a moment before laughing. "Yeah, he sure is... something, anyway how have you been? Any word from Korra yet?"