Chapter 4: Attack on Republic City

When I woke up I found out Korra went missing and the others were thrown in jail. Tenzin told me she went missing in Tarrlok's office. Good thing, I already did extensive research on the blood bender. I went through my notes and realized Korra was inside his basement. However, I also realized Tarrlok would have been discovered. So, he would have set a trap in the office. The trap being himself, he'd be able to blood bend at any time.

I walked through the wooden doorframe and appeared inside his office. "Chief Beifong wake up!" I shouted causing her to start waking up. I knew that I couldn't let Korra go through any more pain. I arrived to see Amon carrying Tarrlok out. I went downstairs and jumped on top of one of his men and flipped him into one of his friends. They weren't getting up for at least five seconds. That was enough time for me to punch the last two in the stomach hard enough for them to throw up blood and their backs slam against the concrete wall.

The last two were taken down by two fists to the back of their skulls. "Don't touch me or I swear I'll fry you!" I opened the door carefully then Korra tossed out an arm sending out a blast of fire. I grabbed it and pulled her out, turning her until she was on her knees as I still had her arm.

"Easy there hot-head, you almost got me there," she stopped trying to fight out of it. 

"Wait, Y/n? What are you doing here?" she asked. I helped her up and gave her a gentle pat on the head. 

"Well, apparently I'm here to save my favorite hot-headed avatar. Now, let's get out of here," I said as Korra took a few steps before passing out. "Okay, I guess I'll carry you back," I picked her up and carried her bridal style toward the darkest corner of the room. And just five seconds of dark tunnel later we were back. "That wasn't too bad," I said before putting her in bed and collapsing in a corner from feeling dizzy. I woke up the next day to the smell of breakfast. I later noticed Korra was still asleep with Mako watching her. I wanted to tell him off, yet, I couldn't.

"Hey Mako, so... watching a girl sleep again huh? You haven't changed much," I said teasing Mako. 

"Hey, I never did that!" Mako shouted as he noticed Korra's eyes were open. I left the room as they dealt with the awkwardness.

"Amon is still at large, we can't just let Tarrlok go either," Tenzin said bringing everyone's attention. 

"Okay, so... simple, two birds, one stone," I reasoned getting their attention. "Tarrlok is Yakone's son," I told them and they put the pieces together on his bloodbending. "Second, his bending was taken away by Amon. He was being taken away when I arrived," I told them but there were a few questions.

"How did you know Tarrlok had her and how did you get in and out?" Chief Beifong asked. I told her everything I had in my notes while leaving out the fact that I teleported myself around. 

"It seems you can handle yourself, even without bending," she said with a small smirk on her face. Korra came out after a minute. That was when I left and began to meditate at my spot.

Four Years Ago...

"I'm sorry, but you were in the way," I said as I looked over to the dead body. This was the result of my training. I looked over to the figure of darkness that had taken over after that day on Aang's head nearly six years ago.

"Very good, now how do you feel?" The figure asked me. It wasn't long before I realized it was a woman. I felt violated, broken, and yet... empty. "You told me, no one would get hurt. Well, someone got hurt. You made me kill her! I will never forgive you for this!" I screamed in its face.

"Her blood is on your hands, not mine," the figure said and I put my head down. "You think I don't know that? I'm NOT a monster. Not like you, I won't be like you! Now get out of here!" I shouted before the dark entity evaporated into the air.

I had to get rid of the evidence, so I began to burn the body. Someone came home early though. This session was originally supposed to teach me how to sneak around undetected while gathering evidence. That is until I was spotted by that woman and, me, being a fool, listened to the entity. It resulted in the woman's death. The man came home to see his wife being killed by what he could only assume was a firebender. So, I ran and vowed to never use my fire again. The entity still tries to teach me how to use my other powers, but I keep telling it to stay away.

Present...

I was so deep in my meditation that I hardly even noticed the airships that began to fill the sky. Once I did, I knew I had something that needed to be done. I was about to go on the attack when my mentor showed up again. "I'm busy, can you come later?" I said and he shook his head. 

"I'm afraid this is urgent, you're not strong enough to deal with this right now. You need to calm down. Remember what I taught you," he said causing steam to rise from my skin.

"Calm down? a city is under attack! My friends are in danger!" I yelled out shocking him, he put his head down and moved out of my way. 

"Fine, then at least use my sword," he said, handing me his sword as I picked it up, it became covered in fire.

He disappeared in a flash of light and I watched as equalists dropped on my position. I sliced at the air causing a wave of fire to knock them all back. I jumped down and fell on top of an airship. I stabbed the airship and ran along the side as the sword cut through like butter.

As one went down I'd jump off and move on to the next. I did this until reaching the Air Temple. I saw Chief Beifong and Tenzin's family below so I cut down the airship getting rid of their reinforcements. I jumped down, it turned out to be an eighty-foot fall. A shockwave shook the entire island, and a cloud of debris launched into the air. When I stood up there were gasps from all sides.

"Hello there."