Chapter 1 - Assistance Over Judgement

'Shit, the damned meeting...' Heisenberg thought, reaching over to his glasses but slumping back down. He had just woken up, and to all accounts he had only gotten an hour or two before waking back up to his alarm. Not to mention that he was an idiot, he had gotten himself wasted the night before the meeting. Now he's hungover, never a good thing. He was supposed to be meeting with the other lords, but he couldn't even manage to stand up. Yawning, he shakily reached out, grabbing a cold water bottle and putting it on his head. He was burning up, and tears were in his eyes. 'I guess I got myself sick too, heh...' He coughed and after a moment managed to sit up, shaking and occasionally letting out a whimper whenever he tried to move. Everything hurt. That was once again, his fault.

After sitting there and staring at the wall for a moment, he managed to make himself stand up. He stretched out and quickly got himself ready. He felt too warm at the time to put on his trenchcoat. Rubbing his eyes and looking in the mirror, he sighed. No matter what he did, it was easy to tell he didn't feel good. His eyes were glossy, he was sweating a ton, and shaking. 'Eh, you always look like shit. It'll be fine.' He turned around and grabbed his cigars, stuffing 4 in his pocket and lighting the fifth for himself now. Carefully walking out of his factory, having to use the walls as support, he gets outside. Turning to the direction of the meeting hall and letting out a long sigh, "This is gonna be a rough trip..."

He was definitely right. Each step tired him and after 10 or less he would be leaned against some wall or anything to catch his breath, tears filling his eyes. He felt his knees start to get shaky, he was so close to the hall, so damn close, yet he ended up collapsing. Laying on the ground and panting now, he groaned and settled in. Out of nowhere, he heard faint whispers, they sounded familiar. He took a moment to think through anybody the voices sounded like, landing on Ethan and his dumb angry friend. Heisen never cared to find out the guy's name, an idiot is an idiot, he doesn't need to know them by name. He looked over, seeing two shadowy figures whispering, definitely the sound of the voices, and definitely Ethan with his friend. "Hey, I can hear you guys... If you're planning on killing me, just do it, if not keep laughing at me... Whatever suits your fancy..."

After a few more whispers one of them departs, and Ethan emerges from the shadows. He walks over to Heisen, kneeling down next to him and gently sitting him up. "Uh... Heyo, Heisen.. You good...?"

"N-No..." Heisen muttered, he tried to say more and explain himself but he just coughed and looked down to the ground. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Ethan. Ethan smiled and gently took his hand to help him stand up, Ethan could feel how badly Heisen was shaking. He gently put his hand on Heisen's forehead, "Jeez, you're burning up... What happened to you...?"

"I drank too much... Probably out in the cold and rain ... Got myself sick... Again..." Heisen sniffed and shook his head, he was drowsy and trying not to pass out. Ethan chuckled, carefully picking him up to Heisen's surprise. "What are y-"

"Taking you home, I know you probably had something to do but you look like you're dying..."

"Ethan, I can't just.... Bail on a meeting like this... I have to..." Heisen trailed off, nearly falling asleep before suddenly snuggling up to Ethan because of how cold he is. Ethan sighs, just taking that as acceptance and starting to walk back to the factory. He could feel Heisen shaking, Ethan tried to comfort him but nothing was working.

"H-Heisen, deep breaths, buddy..." Ethan quietly whispered, Heisen looked up to him. Tears were streaming down his face, Ethan quickly set him down and kneeled next to him, starting to check his vitals. "Shitshitshit, are you okay...?!" Heisen didn't say anything, he just shook, it was getting worse. Ethan gently tilted Heisen's head back, trying to relax him, "Heisen, are you okay...?!" Heisen stayed silent, he clearly was too sick to say a word. Ethan teared up, gently taking Heisen's hand, "You're getting worse... Just relax..."

Heisen nodded, leaning his head onto Ethan's shoulder and coughing. Ethan gently wrapped his coat around him, "Jeez, you're freezing..." Ethan looked around, carefully standing up and pulling Heisen over to him. "You're going to walk with me, it'll keep you warmer..." Heisen weakly nodded, trudging along as Ethan carefully led him back to the factory. Ethan weakly smiled when they finally got close, he knew Heisen would be relaxing then, well that was his hope. He didn't know how Heisen would actually react to this situation when he had a moment to think, it scared him a bit.

Stepping up to the factory and carefully walking in, watching for any of Heisen's creations on the prowl, he went to Heisen's room. Hesitating for a brief moment, he set his hand onto the door handle. He could feel himself freeze up, he was terrified to move another muscle. 'Shit... Uh..." A few moments pass by, nothing seems to happen, Ethan closes his eyes and tries to relax himself. He was shaking a bit too now. 'Come on, you gotta help Heisen, this is so dumb, Winters... get yourself togeth-' A gentle warmth graced his hand, breaking Ethan from his thoughts, he looked down to see Heisen's hand on his. Ethan looked over and down at Heisen, "What are you doing...?"

Heisen looked up at him and gently smiled, "It's okay... Nothing will hurt you in there... I'm sure of it..." Ethan chuckled, he wanted to push the door open, but Heisen's hand on his was one of the only comforting things at the time. He carefully wrapped his hand around the handle and pushed open, looking around at Heisen's perfectly clean room quickly before taking him over to his bed and laying him down. Pulling a chair over and sitting in it, he covered up Heisen and sighed.

"What even happened that has you this bad...?" Heisen shrugged, clearly he was progressively getting worse in his health and fast. Ethan had no clue what to do, 'How the fuck do you "fix" a lord?! He looks like he's dying, this is horrible. If he dies... All the other lords would come after me, that's what Chris said. But... If he hadn't been found by us, he would have been out there for hours, and in worse condition... Do they care...?'

While Ethan was thinking, Heisen laid there, silently watching him. Trying to understand the clockwork behind his enemy, the clockwork behind his now savior. He couldn't understand it. If the man wanted him dead, what was this? A false sense of security? If that was the case, he was falling for it hook, line, and sinker. And he wasn't going to stop, he knew this was probably another piece of the plan to kill him, that was fine, he needed this. And if he died, at least he would have some last memories with his favorite idiot.

He closed his eyes, it was getting hard to keep them open. Slowly beginning to drift off, suddenly he heard a slam. He jumped up and looked around, 'Ethan's gone.' He couldn't say a word, backing up to the wall and curling up in his blankets. Tears began to stream down his face, 'This has happened before, this has happened before, this has happened before, you're fine... Stop crying, stop being so weak...' The heavy footsteps traced around his factory, echoing through Heisen's head and making him dizzy. They started getting closer, and closer, panic struck Heisen and he felt his breath getting short. Each breath was getting harder, each breath was starting to hurt. His door handle began to shake, his breathing slowed. The door opened, he stopped breathing.

"HEISENBERG." Was all he heard before his body gave in. He wasn't breathing, he wasn't moving. He closed his eyes, accepting the sweet embrace of death, knowing he was never to wake again.

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 1402 Words

Thank you so much  for reading this!!

This chapter was written by:  》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《 

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!! 

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!