Chapter 8 - Experimentation {TWs}

⫸⫸TW: Blood/Gore, Abuse, Kidnapping, Death(?)

(I really said hell and then went worse-)

Something felt off, very off. The lords had been docile, silent would even be the right word. It wasn't the same, Heisenberg had been the most quiet. He didn't even make it to the meeting. Typically, he was smart enough to get the clues. Ever since the fateful day he forgot to take a hint, he never missed a thing. This is new, this was exciting. A new entry to the pages could finally be added, it was necessary to document the process. If anything was going to go wrong, it would be a good enough story for later. Taking a sip of wine before rising from her seat, she walked silently. Her footing was so careful and precise nothing bad could happen. Each step was a moment closer to death. Not for her, for someone else. She idled at the door, smiling to herself before suddenly disappearing. A flutter of a nearby bird in her place, it chirped before flying away.

Heisen awoke with a start, sweat pouring down his face. He gulped, carefully pushing Ethan off of him, sure to not wake him up. Panting, he pushed the blanket off of himself, trying to wipe away the sweat and the tears in his eyes. 'Another nightmare?' He thought, sighing in a bit of relief when he took proper notice to Ethan. He stood up, slowly walking to the door, hearing a sudden flutter behind him. He turned around, seeing a crow in the window. He felt himself tear up again, shaking his head to try and forget the dream. Turning back to the door and cautiously stepping out to the hallway, the tall ceilings of the castle made the room more ominous. He shut the door behind him, as soon as he knew Ethan wasn't in the same room he felt tears stream down his face. But through fight or flight, going back inside wasn't an option. He grabbed onto his jacket sleeve and began to bolt down the hall as fast as he could. The lingering feeling of someone right behind him continued to push him, he felt himself getting tired but he didn't have time to stop.

Eventually he wasn't thinking straight at all, his legs pushing him as far as they could go but the force was right behind him. No. Someone was right behind him. He was panting and could feel himself beginning to break down, in the very few moments before the snap he thought one thing. 'Don't forget me Winters.' Before he took his last resort, twisting his direction sharply to the left and running head first. Head first through a window, crashing through with such force he could feel his bones ache. Everything was slowly starting to fade, he felt himself getting sick. Twisting in the air, watching the castle rise above him he saw one thing. The crow. Watching him. It's wings raised and he hit the ground. It all went dark.

She stood over Heisen, smiling and raising a hand to her mouth before uttering a few words, "Subject 001, you came home..." Pulling a scalpel from her pocket, she kneeled down just as Heisen began to wake up. He groaned, trying to reach up and rub his eyes but he yelped in pain. When he had hit the ground most of his bones fractured if not snapped, him being a lord they healed pretty well with aid. To which the ominous figure had provided, wrapping him up and somehow healing him. Yet, Heisen could still feel all the pain, and she knew that. That's exactly what she wanted. Heisen looked at her, his eyes growing wide.

"M-Mo-" She put her hand over his mouth, muffling anything else he had to say. She watched the panic set into his eyes as she raised the scalpel to his cheek. His eyes filled with tears, through the pain he managed to weakly grab onto her arm. A weak grip onto her shirt made her tilt her head and smile.

"That's your defense, after how long with these abilities and a simple fall takes you down...? Hm..." Heisen shook his head now, letting out a whimper through her hand. She sighed, "Well, we can fix that with another round." Tossing the scalpel to give Heisen the idea, he immediately began to squirm, trying desperately to get away to no avail. He was in too much pain and his bones basically held him back despite healing well so far. She slowly took her hand away from his mouth, only moving to go lock the door.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU CRAZY OLD BI-" Once again, he was quickly cut off. A glare from her and the feeling of a branch stabbing straight through his already wounded back made him yelp, he couldn't move. He shook, staring at the ceiling as blood began to drip from his mouth. She walked over, watching him slowly fade from consciousness. Standing over him for a bit longer, she scooped him up into her arms, tearing the branch out of him. He whimpered but wasn't waking up anytime soon. Slowly taking him to a completely blank room, it was all white and silent. The very type of branches wrapping it behind the white walls and ceiling. She knew what she was doing, carefully laying him down and chaining up his arms and legs with the branches. Heisen was special, you couldn't use metal on him like normal. But for the woman, it only made things more fun.

She raised a hand, her cloak and mask disappearing at once. Her winds flung up, she was too excited for the experiment, she couldn't help it. Heisen grumbled, beginning to wake up, "M-Mother, please..." She rolled her eyes.

"You and I both know this is no family, but do keep the facade for the other three, they don't have to know." Slightly moving forward, she tossed a newfound knife in her hand. Vines wrapped Heisen's throat and he coughed, looking up to her with tears in his eyes. She smiled a bit, "Now. We will speak on matters that I... Should have discussed years ago, but you hide so well, dear..." Heisen gulped, struggling to do so but still being scared enough he had no choice. "So," she snapped, an image of the board with all the lords on it, "Care to explain this?" Heisen shifted uncomfortably, he did not want to talk about this at all, but he could feel the vines beginning to tighten so he shakily sighed.

"I knew, and still know, your damn plan with Winters' kid..." She raised an eyebrow and couldn't help but laugh.

"And so? You think you could do anything??" He groaned, shaking his head no. She waved her hand, the image scattering into the air. Despite his compliance the vines tightened, he gagged and she rolled her eyes. "It's not that bad, get over it. Now, another thing." She sighed, walking closer and kicking Heisen's chest. He wheezed and began to cough, spurting up blood in the process. "What's up with your lungs? You clearly did something dumb."

"It's a disease, my work environment, asthma, and smoking have caused me to develop it..." Miranda laughed, despite this Heisen explained a bit further before she asked for details, "It's COPD, and I'm slowly dying with it..." She smiled, a glimmer in her eyes.

"Ooh! Interesting..." She smiled, putting the knife to Heisen's chest. "Last thing," she summoned a picture of Ethan, "your 'love' for him is getting old. Give me a new narrative, kill him." Heisen's eyes grew wide and he started shaking like never before, he never wanted this and he didn't know how to get out. He gasped, the vines practically choking him by now.

"I can't, I do love him... I wish it was a facade..." She sighed, shoving the knife into Heisen's chest. He gasped and spurted up blood, staring at her and shaking once more. He was powerless to her, nothing could save him here.

"You just love to give me new toys, huh?" She smiled, slowly dragging the knife down. Slicing through his chest and stomach, revealing his organs. Due to the position he was in, nothing was falling out at the moment. She reached to the side, grabbing a bottle of alcohol and dumping some into Heisen's wound just to make it burn. He didn't even have the strength to scream, she continued to experiment. Slowly digging through Heisen, adding small things, removing small things, the blood soaked room was a representation of Heisen's childhood experiments. Miranda had done this to him, just as she was doing again now. All because of Ethan. Heisen closed his eyes. Blood dribbled from his mouth as he began to think. Think about Ethan, think about Dimi, think about his last moments with them. He knew he wasn't recovering from this, nothing can fix this.

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note):1485 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!

This chapter was written by: 》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!

Sorry to all the people who wanted the happiness to last a bit-