Chapter 10 - Home {TWs}

⫸⫸  MENTIONS OF DEATH, ABUSE & HANGING 

(They are very brief or just nods to a past chapter.)

A careful blanket wrapped around the aching body, the screams, the shouts, the blood. Each was vague, each didn't quite add up. The screams have been blurred, barely inaudible. 'Lay him down, he'll be okay!!' But it was followed with a scream that made no sense if he was okay. 'OH GOD!!' Why did they get loud? What happened? Who is 'he'? Each comment, each yell, each feeling, each sting. Nothing was in the right place. But soon enough the voices began to fade, any light growing dark. Eventually there was nothing, just darkness. It wrapped around something. Wrapped around 'he', I think.

A sudden light came to fruition, causing my eyes to nearly immediately open. Looking down, I saw 'he', I seemed to be in control of 'he''s body. We stood up, slowly walking along a white flooring surrounded by orange-red walls. Occasionally a strange figure would pop, each difficult to describe yet familiar. The first was a tall figure with a hat, maybe wearing a dress, their hair possibly curly. We kept walking past it, it seemed to whisper 'I'm sorry.' but it was hard to tell.

A veiled figure appeared, shorter than us, wearing a dress and possibly holding a doll of some kind. The doll was wearing a dress too, one that swayed as it flowed over to us. Taking our hand before whispering 'You're okay, ____!!' It was cut off in only my mind, the body we shared seemed to hesitantly react with a shiver. I quickly got control of it once more, the other was too weak to fight. We moved around it, continuing to walk.

The next was a hooded figure, a ripped jacket hanging around it, down to its knees or around there. It's quiet footsteps slowly approached us, it seemed to be coughing. Shakily it reached up and grabbed our shoulder, 'Come home, ____. Come home!' The body once again seemed to tense up, I couldn't make it move. In seeming desperation the other forced itself into control, yelling out in panic. It tried to say something, but I didn't understand. The figure seemed oblivious to any of our words, only catering to our motions. But they did not stop yelling, I finally picked up a word to understand, "Moreau." But I never got the chance to comprehend it before we ran forward. This gave me a chance to take advantage of the other once more, regaining control almost instantly to the weaker, we continued to walk.

A hooded woman stood idle in front of us, wings sprouting from her back as she turned to us. I could see her eyes, they lit up yellow compared to the all black of the rest of her silhouette along with the others. We flinched due to the other, I shook our head and continued. The woman said nothing, although the silence was enough to scare the other. I didn't know why, it didn't matter. We continued, the other reluctant with each step I forced them to take.

We came across a man, it seemed so familiar to me but nothing was defining. He had a jacket, poofy hair. Of course it was just a black figure, but those were noticeable. Other than that, nothing. An average man, but the other was screaming by now. I gave them control, I wanted to see what would happen. Our body lurched forward and hugged the figure, I felt tears begin to roll down our body's face. "E-Ethan..." Finally, I was beginning to understand. The other could actually see everyone, could hear everything they were saying, could understand them, could hold them. I couldn't. These were important people, and the struggle for control on my end was causing the relationships to grow distant. I was by all technicalities, an issue. But you can't pick and choose who you are, the other and I were the same person. 'He' would have to accept that, if he ever woke up.

We went forward, running now under control of the other. Before we suddenly stopped, we looked down. A tiny note that read 'But you hurt them.' laid in front of us, our body seemed to tremble at those words. Quickly spinning around, laid before us were their bodies. Suddenly, I knew them all. Mother Miranda was exploded, torn to shreds which now lay in front of us. Dimi had been stabbed, the knife dragged through her chest as she slowly bled out. Bene was hung, rafters above her that looked like her home, tears streaming down her face. Moreau was shot through the head, he laid on the ground somehow seemingly to reach out for me. And Ethan. Ethan was in the middle, he seemed fine but that only made things worse. He died happily, a smile on his face. He died unknowingly, and it was my fault. Yet, I still reached down. Wrapping my hands over Ethan's finger and taking a ring. It seemed significant. I looked to my other hand, a matching ring now on it. Suddenly, everything lined up. I turned around, pocketing the ring and quickly starting to run to a hill. My only escape, nearly reaching it before tripping and tumbling backwards. Everything was a blur, tears now streaming down my face. I felt blood dripping down my face from hitting my head multiple times on the way down. Hesitantly, I looked over to the side of me. A new body, a new face. For some reason, I began to cry harder. I wrapped my arms around the young girl, shaking as I yelled out one name. A name I didn't ever have a face to, but I knew who it was. "ROSE!!" Then everything went black.