Chapter 12 - Shattered {TWs}

⫸⫸ SELF HARM, SELF HATRED, REFERENCES OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, USE OF CIGARS/CIGARETTES + ALCOHOL IN HARMFUL WAY INTENTIONALLY (self harm but just being specific)

(Once again, please don't consider self harm.)

It had been three days since Heisen had woken up, of course things were better but... Tense. Maybe it was just that way to Heisen. Moreau and Bene had gone back home, when they visited it felt wrong. The tension would just hang heavy in the air. Moreau seemed sad, Bene seemed to be in pain. Heisen would catch himself just giving back a blank stare, he didn't understand. And their hugs, it only filled a void inside him, convincing himself even more that they hated him. Maybe that was what the looks were for, but, they don't know that.

Dimi did the same thing, but she was more cold about it. She pulled away faster, barely ever seeing Heisen by now. They had breakfast together that one day, and he had rarely seen her since. When he did, he would always call out. Trying to get a reaction from her, anything would work. But she never did anything, he had to hug her to get anything. She would hug her back, hearing a quiet grunt of either anger or annoyance from his touch. He felt sick, despite trying to comfort him and be there for him before. It all changed, and not in a good way. He slipped back into drinking because of this, it was easy enough to hide this too. Slip it in with your morning coffee and nobody will know, plus, it's not like anybody else is awake at four in the morning because they can't sleep.

Then, something else changed. Ethan. He wasn't sure what was new, but Ethan insisted on them having different bedrooms suddenly. Not to mention Ethan had taken Heisen's little Rose, his Rose. He depended on that kid, she was his everything now. And being left alone had made him cave in, his depression that was once getting better had now sunken back into him. He silently sobbed every night without Rose, beginning to smoke again too. He was sinking deeper than before, and it was no surprise that he began to hurt himself again too. Eventually mumbling to himself was all he could do to feel better, "What did I do wrong...? What did I do wrong, oh god, what did I do wrong...?"

He began to fall even further, he had always had an issue with his eating habits but it got violent. He couldn't eat, it wasn't an option. Eventually he didn't even come out of his room, and finally, that got a reaction. Through his drunken and pained state he would make out the knocks and voices through the door, he wouldn't dare say a word. It felt like they were screaming at him, it only got worse. Days and days passed, it had been a month since he had seen people. And he had to finally come out for food, even a lord can't deny it for long. He stumbled out of his room, shaking and tears streaming down his face. Each step he took would scare him, slowly he began to tread his way to the kitchen. But when he stopped one time, the steps didn't stop. He felt arms wrap around him and he let out a weak whimper in place of the scream he wanted to let out.

"Karl," a familiar voice rang out, "We need to talk..." Heisen felt himself tense up as he was turned to face the man he had adored. But despite seeing the caring and nurturing face Ethan had, Heisen's heart drained from any love for him. The man he had tried so hard to keep up with, they had held each other close, he had left. Maybe they hadn't broken up, but Heisen wasn't informed of a sudden turn in their relationship. Looking past Ethan, he saw all the others who had left him to die. He let out a growl as he yanked away from Ethan.

"Don't call me Karl, you're not close enough to me." Ethan's previous confidence faltered, he hadn't expected such a harsh reaction.

"K- Heisenberg, honey, pl-"

"Stop with the pet names and back off, Winters... All of you, I don't ever wans see you again..."

Ethan sighed, "Listen, we never meant to leave you in the dark. Something ha-"

"Oh, don't worry. This isn't exactly a new thing from anybody, excluding you, Ethan. You know. The person I trusted because you didn't throw me to the wolves. Whatever, ju-"

"Heisenberg, we need to talk about the cuts!!" Finally, Heisen was lost for words. He felt himself begin to crumble under the pressure, he sighed, saying four words before walking off into the endless hallways of the castle.

"I don't need you."

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 780 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!

This chapter was written by:  》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!

Sorry for a short chapter-

If you ever are considering any of these feelings, you can call or text the suicide hotline at 800-273-8255, or talk to a trusted adult or friend about what you're experiencing. You are valid, and your problems shouldn't be bottled up. It's better to talk than to hide things and then just explode one day.