Chapter 7 - Quiet & Calm

It was a few hours later, Ethan shifted himself in bed. He was attempting to flip over when he realized he couldn't, looking down he saw Heisen in his arms, he felt himself blush. He hadn't really considered the fact he was just with Heisen before the world had gone all black, he rubbed his eyes with one hand and looked around the room. Dimi must have just come in the room, she was frozen in place and looking at Ethan, trying to discern if she had woken him up. Ethan smiled, waving at her and mumbling, "Hey, Dimi..."

She smiled, sitting down next to them, "Hello... Is my brother playing nice...?" Ethan giggled, nodding at such a silly comment before snuggling a bit closer to Heisen. Heisen let out a tiny mumble, it wasn't intelligible, but it made Ethan chuckle once more. Dimi smiled a bit wider, "You know, you're good for him. Better than anybody else." Ethan raised an eyebrow, he was clearly interested in what she meant. Dimi seemed to get a bit worried once more before speaking again, "He doesn't exactly have a good track record. People who say they love him treat him like shit and wonder why he never loves them again."

Ethan gently ran his hand through Heisen's hair, looking up to Dimi. "I don't understand how anybody could treat him badly..." Dimi sighed, there was more to this than what she was letting on.

"If I tell you why, you promise you won't hurt him...?" She was clearly hesitant, not wanting to speak for Heisen but in this case it seemed only natural to do so. Plus, with how dreary Heisen was he won't be awake for awhile, she couldn't leave Ethan curious with no distractions. Everyone knew that. Ethan nodded to reassure her, she sighed and paused a moment. Hesitating once more before speaking, "It's because he doesn't fit the 'code.'" Ethan tilted his head in confusion, "The Karl Heisenberg in your arms was once Kasserine Heisenberg." Ethan immediately realized what she meant, he sighed, holding Heisen a bit closer.

"That doesn't change anything about him, doesn't change why I love him." He saw Dimi smile, he couldn't help but smile too. "He's still perfect, even if he doesn't think so. Being trans isn't anything bad, I'm not going anywhere." She sighed in relief, thankful that Ethan wasn't leaving too.

"He is, he really is perfect." Was about all she could manage to say, she had never been so scared for Heisen in any case until recently and the unpredictability of Ethan to her made it worse.

Ethan felt Heisen stir a bit in his arms, looking down to see one of Heisen's eyes ever so slightly open, "Ah, good morning Heisen."

Heisen managed to look at a clock and mumble, "It's 6 PM, blossom..." Ethan blushed a bit at the pet name, to be completely fair, he wasn't sure where Heisen had gotten such a nickname. Considering he was completely unrelated to flowers in any way, at least from what Ethan could tell. But he sighed and chuckled a bit.

"I know..." Ethan stalled, trying to come up with a good pet name for Heisen at the time. He wasn't sure if he was going to be murdered for this, but he said it anyway, "I know, shorty." Heisen immediately jumped up, shooting Ethan an unforgettable glare.

"I'm not fuckin' short, asshole." Heisen muttered, but to Ethan he was. The comment was valid to Ethan, all he did in reply was grin. Heisen looked like he was ready to kill Ethan, but Ethan knew the little guy wouldn't protest.

Dimi finally spoke up, "Actually, you're both shor-" She never got to finish.

"YOU DON'T COUNT, LADY!!" Dimi had never looked so annoyed but also happy at the same time, Ethan assumed the happiness was from being around Heisen. He giggled as the two lords continued arguing, after a long while Ethan slowly pulled Heisen close and began running his hand through Heisen's hair. As soon as the lord noticed he became docile, purring and half-asleep. Ethan giggled, continuing so he could get cuddles. Once again the lord dozed off, Dimi left and Ethan snuggled close. Falling asleep. Everything was good, everything was great. It was peaceful.

For now.

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 718 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!

This chapter was written by: 》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!

No drawing for this one, it's just a short chapter for you all to enjoy the bit of fluff before I unleash hell again-