Chapter 9 - Then

"Come on, shorty!!" A distant voice called out, the young girl giggled, racing towards the voice. She waved her arms before screeching to a halt in front of the tall, yet young girl.

"Alcy! You came to play!" The girl nodded, taking the other's hand and beginning to run towards an ominous figure.

"I found something, Kass!" The taller said, to which the shorter nodded in amusement. "It's a huge plant, it seems so strange. Mother told me to stay away, but I just knew you had to see it!" Kass nodded and smiled widely, she had never been happier in the moment. They continued to run, eventually reaching a mass of vines, branches, and other configurations of moving wood like structures. The taller smiled proudly and the younger gazed in awe. Eventually, Alcy spoke up once more, "It's cool, yeah?"

The plant rumbled and Kass nodded, "It's stunning, but... We should go, yeah...?" The taller nodded, taking the other's hand as they walked to the garden.

"Isn't this fun?! We should get Donna and Salv!!" Alcy had never been happier, and Kass nodded in agreement. They went through the garden, slowly walking through the fields towards a large house in the distance. Alcy was much more excited than Kass, in fact, Kass seemed to be upset. Not at the idea of seeing her other friends, a lingering issue beneath the surface. One that nobody could see, and nobody seemed to care. The girl stayed silent, bottling up all her fears in the moment as Alcy placed a knock onto the door.

A tall man answered their call, opening the door, "Ah, hello there. I assume you are looking for Donna, yes?" The taller girl nodded excitedly as the other twirled her thumbs, the man smiled. Turning to the stairwell and calling out for Donna. The young girl seemed to twirl down the stairs, holding her favorite doll in her arms as she ran up to them.

"Alcy, Kass!! I've been waiting forever it seems!!" The girl giggled, and so did the taller of them all, yet the youngest stayed silent. Something was off, nobody noticed. The young one still mustered a chuckle, before the three began to run to the swampy areas. Donna and Alcy were running as fast as they could, Kass idled behind. But neither of the runners noticed, Kass just smiled at them if they looked back or teased her for being slow. She knew they were joking, why did it hurt then? Eventually, they reached the swamps, Alcy going up to knock once more. Kass far behind now. Salv came outside, Kass watched them have a conversation. She tried to keep running to them. Then Slav, Alcy, and Donna ran away. Her eyes went wide, feeling everything around her begin to collapse. They hated her. She felt tears flow down her face, she ran back to the plant. The plant she already knew about. And she said a single word through tears. 

"M-Mother..."

Author's Note

Story Length (Excluding Author's Note): 489 Words

Thank you so much for reading this!

This chapter was written by:  》◇ × Heisenberg × ◇《

This is a collaboration between me (owner of this account) and my good friend, GhostBoyo. You should definitely go follow them!!

(For easy access to their account go to my followers, they should be in there.)

If you have any questions about Resident Evil: Village or about the story comment them, I will try to answer to the best of my ability! I will not spoil the story, have fun reading!

Sorry for such a short chapter, I'm working on fixing what I did in Chapter 8-

But it's kinda hard to do, not gonna lie-